Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa black leather jacket on Forums page

On 7/22/2014 kittymomNC said:

I was wondering about this jacket earlier today. Now that I know what it is, I cannot for the life of me understand why QVC would put a picture of Lisa wearing a jacket like this on their home page. They have to know people would be interested, and for it not to be an item that is available on QVC is just ridiculous marketing, in my opinion.

Anything that is pictured on their website, and especially on their home pages, should be available for purchase. To me, it's a joke to put a $3,800 designer jacket in a picture on their website, I don't care if they're "testing the waters" for interest in something similar or not. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I agree with everything you say here ... and Lisa knows her jacket would generate the kind of frenzied responses her fans are known for. I think they have gone off the rails with this one.

Honored Contributor

I was wondering about this jacket earlier today. Now that I know what it is, I cannot for the life of me understand why QVC would put a picture of Lisa wearing a jacket like this on their home page. They have to know people would be interested, and for it not to be an item that is available on QVC is just ridiculous marketing, in my opinion.

Anything that is pictured on their website, and especially on their home pages, should be available for purchase. To me, it's a joke to put a $3,800 designer jacket in a picture on their website, I don't care if they're "testing the waters" for interest in something similar or not. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

It's the same reason they allow Lisa to wear a Nicole Miller on the commercial spot that runs for her LRS Show. And the same reason they've allowed Lisa to wear non-QVC items in many still shots on this site for her LRS Show and PMS. And the same reason they allowed Lisa to present QVC clothes at those designer fashion shows they used to do, all the while Lisa was wearing some high-end item from one of the designers.

It makes zero sense.

Honored Contributor

The jacket reminds me of Chi by Falchi.

Trusted Contributor

So glad someone asked about the Jacket. I was wondering the same thing. I think it will come up in the GILI line soon. Anytime you see her in a jacket it seems to be a preview. I love it.
Trusted Contributor

Looks like something fit for only a 'street-walker'.

Valued Contributor

On 7/22/2014 SoX said:

I agree with everything you say here ... and Lisa knows her jacket would generate the kind of frenzied responses her fans are known for. I think they have gone off the rails with this one.

I also agree--very poor marketing. The hosts on HSN NEVER wear items that you can't buy on their site. I actually like this jacket and would have purchased it had it been an item on QVC--but since their clothing is so awful, anything cute would never be on the site, anyway.

Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 7/21/2014 SoX said:
On 7/21/2014 LipstickDiva said:

It looks better in that picture than in those still shots. That's hideous now that I really see it.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} ... I rather like it. In fact, I have a similar one that Pam McCoy did a few years ago, sans fringe; but with silver chains, also in the most scrumptious lamb leather. The darn thing weighs a ton, though, and would set off the alarm when going through the metal detector checkpoint at the airport.

Okay wait a minute. That white jacket is NOT the same as the black. I detest the white. I like the black.

Have I lost my mind? (Be nice! {#emotions_dlg.laugh})

I agree. The white jacket looks cropped where the black is regular length...unless my eyes deceive me...

Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 kimthib said:

I also agree--very poor marketing. The hosts on HSN NEVER wear items that you can't buy on their site. I actually like this jacket and would have purchased it had it been an item on QVC--but since their clothing is so awful, anything cute would never be on the site, anyway.

Hmmm. I see many hosts on HSN wearing clothing that is not available for sale on HSN. Bobbi Ray has some awesome jackets that aren't offered on HSN. Colleen wears clothes not sold on HSN and is very happy to share where she bought them. Sometimes they show up in her line down the road and sometimes not.

Valued Contributor

On 7/23/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 7/23/2014 kimthib said:

Hmmm. I see many hosts on HSN wearing clothing that is not available for sale on HSN. Bobbi Ray has some awesome jackets that aren't offered on HSN. Colleen wears clothes not sold on HSN and is very happy to share where she bought them. Sometimes they show up in her line down the road and sometimes not.

Honestly, I don't pay much attention to Bobbi Ray, but you are right, occasionally Colleen will wear something not from HSN BUT it is usually reasonably priced, she always says where she got it, and she almost ALWAYS makes it for us at an even better price. I have a perfect example-one of her crochet dresses was an exact knock-off of a Boston Proper dress that I had already purchased. I bought Colleen's version and it was SO much better that I sent the BP back! The price was similar, but the quality and the length of Colleen's won me over! I still say it is rare that, especially ON AIR, that the HSN hosts wear something you cannot purchase. I also like the feature on line that shows what the hosts and models on wearing during the presentations.

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if the necklace she is wearing on this page is available through QVC?