Regular Contributor

Re: Lisa answers 2 big questions…..

She knows what her plans are, so those who buy her answer have got to be kidding. She is just not at liberty to say while still employed by QVC. Secondly I cannot believe that some are so hung up on her and her world to believe she is a designer. nonsense....... She is a cut and paste designer, one who copies designs from others and just tweeks it a bit.
Valued Contributor

On 10/16/2014 khay said: She knows what her plans are, so those who buy her answer have got to be kidding. She is just not at liberty to say while still employed by QVC. Secondly I cannot believe that some are so hung up on her and her world to believe she is a designer. nonsense....... She is a cut and paste designer, one who copies designs from others and just tweeks it a bit.
I don't know...why can't she just say she is not at liberty to say but we all will find out on December 13 or something?? Why lie?? That's lame if that's the case.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Sue in Houston said:
On 10/16/2014 Beejene said: I dont agree that it seems like her decision wasn't entirely her own! People leave jobs for a variety of reasons. Perhaps she had salary demands that she felt she deserved or ideas for future projects that the QVC execs were not willing to agree to which in turn made it necessary for her to leave. Even though it may be a difficult decision, if your employer will no longer meet your goals then one knows that it's time to lmove on.

This is the most sensible and realistic post on here !!!!! Thank you Beejene for posting this !!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You think that post was sensible? Please it is so ridiculous. Lisa is their top selling host and even IF she did ask for something more, they would have given it to her. But, I don't think that's the case at all. She's been blessed with wealth from working at the Q, but money is not everything if you're no longer happy. It's funny that she made the announcement after she came back from visiting her family. Maybe she realized, that after the deaths of her mother and good friends, Barry Ort and Joan Rivers, that life is too short to be working so hard and living far away from home (not even getting to spend time with her family on holidays) and that she needs a break to spend that time with her family and possibly wants a job where she is able to spend more time with them. They too, could have given her imput, if she discussed it with them. Whatever she does in her life, I wish her luck, peace and much happiness.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/16/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 10/16/2014 khay said: She knows what her plans are, so those who buy her answer have got to be kidding. She is just not at liberty to say while still employed by QVC. Secondly I cannot believe that some are so hung up on her and her world to believe she is a designer. nonsense....... She is a cut and paste designer, one who copies designs from others and just tweeks it a bit.
I don't know...why can't she just say she is not at liberty to say but we all will find out on December 13 or something?? Why lie?? That's lame if that's the case.
th We may or may not find out on Dec. 13th but as of right now and up until Dec. 12th, she is still employed by QVC and if she did announce where she was going, that would be disrespectful to QVC, a company she worked for for so many years.m If you were leaving a job, would you make a big announcement and tell your boss where you would be going? Think about it!
Valued Contributor

On 10/16/2014 luvtoshopathome said:
On 10/16/2014 tough_kitty said:
th We may or may not find out on Dec. 13th but as of right now and up until Dec. 12th, she is still employed by QVC and if she did announce where she was going, that would be disrespectful to QVC, a company she worked for for so many years.m If you were leaving a job, would you make a big announcement and tell your boss where you would be going? Think about it!
Did you read my post?? I didn't suggest she should tell us. And to answer your question - would I make a big announcement and tell my boss where I would be going AFTER I gave my notice??? Heck yeah I would!! Why not?? I don't know anyone who would keep it secret! I understand it may be different in other industries, but all I said is, she can be honest about it and state that she is not at liberty to announce it until later....
Honored Contributor

Perhaps the Q - and even Lisa, too - thought that all of that cr@ppy stalker stuff was too negative a thing to be associated with QVC.

Read: it would - maybe even has - affected their bottom line ($$$). And that is the biggest concern of most companies.

Positive public relations is crucial to businesses.

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 LipstickDiva said:

This is her exact quote about the GILI line:

Lisa RobertsonHi Sylvia, I do not know officially but I strongly suspect they will continue the line. The clothes for the first 6 months are already designed. The handbags for next year are pretty much done. It has become quite successful so I cannot imagine them stopping it. It will just not be me designing it anymore.

THANK YOU LipstickDiva for posting on my behalf!! Smile

I cannot get over the audacity some of you have to believe I would post such info if not true!! Just because YOU do not know where to look on either of Lisa's FB pages to try and find the info I quoted, certainly does NOT mean someone is trying to pull the wool over your eyes. And sorry I am not on the boards all that often to post back in what YOU THINK should be an adequate amount of time.

Super Contributor

my son scoured it for me. I did not myself see any of it.

I say trailblazer thank you for letting the girls know

Regular Contributor

I hate to be a wet blanket, but some of you talk as if LR is your BFF or a family member, she is a sales person on tv. I'm not being mean but she is not the only one that needs to get a life. Now that I've said that, I better get one for writing on this post.

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 BOYINTX said:
On 10/16/2014 chrystaltree said:

Oh, good grief. She didn't address anything. Anyone can see that. She didn't say anything at all, which is exactly how the situation should be handled. She knows what her next step will be but but NOW while she is still a QVC employee is NOT the time to disclose or discuss anything about her future. As for the GILI line, well big duhhhhhh to that. LR said a million times that she does not own the GILI. It's QVC line and even if QVC wanted to discontinue it, they could not. There millions of dollars of product and factory oders in the pipeline. Plus, it's a successful line. So, it will be continued at least for a while. People leave jobs all the time, it's not exactly uncommon. I love LR and I look forward to seeing what she does next and I'm willing to wait to see how it unfolds. I think a lot of professional women can relate to working hard, becoming a huge success, reaping the financial rewards of that success but doing so at the expense of everything else. Your work consumes you. I had a job like that once, I loved that job. I was making boodles of money, the work was important, I was respected in the industry but between the job and my family; I was sleeping 5 hours of night if I was lucky and I never had even a moment for myself. I was younger than LR and it dawned on me that I needed a change....I remember the exact moment. We were on vacation in Hawaii, my husband and the girls and my mom. I was sitting on that gorgeous beach in that heavenly weather in a chaise lounge.....with a pile of professional manuals.....rewriting a training manual. I'd found a day tour for my family. Not to have fun, I wanted them away so I could work in peace. That was my epiphany moment.

yet you need to remember ..lISA HAS STATED SHE HAS NO HUSBAND,NO CHILDREN,AND NO PET'S I SAY IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE FROM YOUR POST.

Perhaps Lisa had her epiphany moment too and realized she had no husband, no children and no pets...just a 24/7 job that kept her from socializing on nights and weekends. I had one of those. (Jobs and epiphany moments.)

I also wonder if Joan's death and QVC management changes played a part in this. I hope Lisa finds happiness in what ever she does. I also think she will move to New York.