Trusted Contributor

Re: Lisa answers 2 big questions…..

On 10/16/2014 chrystaltree said:

Oh, good grief. She didn't address anything. Anyone can see that. She didn't say anything at all, which is exactly how the situation should be handled. She knows what her next step will be but but NOW while she is still a QVC employee is NOT the time to disclose or discuss anything about her future. As for the GILI line, well big duhhhhhh to that. LR said a million times that she does not own the GILI. It's QVC line and even if QVC wanted to discontinue it, they could not. There millions of dollars of product and factory oders in the pipeline. Plus, it's a successful line. So, it will be continued at least for a while. People leave jobs all the time, it's not exactly uncommon. I love LR and I look forward to seeing what she does next and I'm willing to wait to see how it unfolds. I think a lot of professional women can relate to working hard, becoming a huge success, reaping the financial rewards of that success but doing so at the expense of everything else. Your work consumes you. I had a job like that once, I loved that job. I was making boodles of money, the work was important, I was respected in the industry but between the job and my family; I was sleeping 5 hours of night if I was lucky and I never had even a moment for myself. I was younger than LR and it dawned on me that I needed a change....I remember the exact moment. We were on vacation in Hawaii, my husband and the girls and my mom. I was sitting on that gorgeous beach in that heavenly weather in a chaise lounge.....with a pile of professional manuals.....rewriting a training manual. I'd found a day tour for my family. Not to have fun, I wanted them away so I could work in peace. That was my epiphany moment.

Chrystal, that sounds just like what the DH went through. Money was great and with our combined income we wanted for nothing, but we were miserable. He was working 6-7 days a week. When we were together I still felt like I was "solo-ing it" because he was always grumpy, exhausted, and work was always on his mind.

4 weeks ago a series of things pushed his plans to resign up by a few years, but now I can say that this unplanned resignation was the best thing for him and us.

He just started a part time job and is very excited and happy about it. This a huge adjustment but in the end this change will be for the best.

When your life becomes the job, something must change or it will eventually break.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a follower nor a fan of Lisa, so I may be reading more into the fact that the former CEO's firing may have something to do with her decision. After all, Lisa has been QVC's golden girl during her tenure and that star status may be coming to an end.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/16/2014 SoX said:

I'm not a follower nor a fan of Lisa, so I may be reading more into the fact that the former CEO's firing may have something to do with her decision. After all, Lisa has been QVC's golden girl during her tenure and that star status may be coming to an end.

I agree, I'm not a fan either, I guess her reign is ending, time for the other hosts to have a chance!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 SoX said:

I've said the same thing. I think it has more to do with the CEO being fired than anything else.

Super Contributor

I'd say your assessment is correct OP. It sounds like they wouldn't meet the contract demand and are ""separating"". Its sounding like she started thinking about it and just decided she liked the idea. When something takes up so much of your life who could blame her.

Valued Contributor

Good for you, Lisa! Spread your wings and fly and may all your dreams come true!

Let us hear from you !

Valued Contributor

Regis Philbin left a lucrative position because he wanted more money when it was time to renew his contract, and ABC called his bluff.

Who knows about Lisa R., but I do suspect she is simply burned out. When I heard her weeks ago on the LRS "calling out those women" who were disrespectful to her on Facebook, I knew she was at the end of her rope, and rightly so. Moreover, imagine working prime-time hrs. for decades ... does not leave much time for a social life.

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I've posted this in another thread about GILI.

QVC just a few days ago applied for the trademark G.I.L.I. with the classification of jewelry only under this trademark.

Their last application was GILI (no periods) and the classification of goods was jewelry, handbags, skirts, blouses, denim, etc. Another company opposed that filing and Q abandoned the application.

Based on that application, it would appear if GILI continues, it will be only jewelry. Perhaps they are going to merge the handbags, clothing and other accessories into another line or change the name.

another company opposed the filing ? Can this mean another Network opposed the filing as if to attempt to take it over and re launch ? The filing thing always confuses me

Occasional Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Indeed, speculation abounds about Lisa's exit, but everyone needs to listen to what she is saying. Thank you, OP, for printing what she said for the masses to read.