Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Vanderpump Throw on evine

@italia8140 wrote:

I wouldn't buy anything Vanderplump hawks.

I'm not a fan of hers.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle

I think you should make up your own mind about the throw.  If you think it fits with your lifestyle it won't cost that much to give it a try if you don't mind the hassle of packing up a big box with a return.  If it works for you, I'm sure it will feel like a wonderful treat.

I do think it makes sense to understand how it needs to be laundered.  Dry cleaning isn't the end of the world but it represents an on-going expense.  But don't they make dry-clean-at-home kits?  Clearly I haven't used one, but in the case of a throw, it might work well.

p.s. I had to Google Lisa Vanderpump.  Had never heard of her before.

Honored Contributor

I've got no clue who the lady is but I sure would like to know what her throws feel like! I definitely don't need a faux fur throw. 

Contributor

I did purchase one of the throws in the Lynx and it was absolutely gorgeous.  I was very impressed.  There were beautiful tassles on opposite sides of it.  It was very well made.  I'm not sure whether Pam McCoy had any influence on the faux fur or not, but when I was watching the presentation, I sort of had the impression that they worked together on the making of these throws.  I would have kept it, but it was a tad bit short for me, so I returned it.  If not for that, I would have kept it.  I have purchased DB's in the past, and there was no comparison.  The Evine throw was far, far better.  IMHO.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the presentation and the throws looked beautiful.  But they did say that they need to be dry cleaned by the "fur method".  I am assuming they mean "real" fur, and only specialty dry cleaners work with real fur.  I have no idea what that would cost, but I'm sure it would not be cheap.  I could be wrong about this, but this was my understanding.