Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson's leather dress that she has on 5-30-14

Too hot looking for summer and not feminine enough. I don't think leather flatters her much and don't know why she likes and wears it so often. Leather is now summer fashion, also, but she looks hot, tired and sweaty in it.

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 cotto22 said:

Guess I am in the minority. I tuned in briefly to see what was on, saw the dress and did not even realize it was leather. I did not think it complemented Lisa's figure in the least, thought it was matronly, and had no clue it was a couture dress that cost that much. If so, I would have had it tailored to accent her figure a bit more. JMO.

You are not in the minority. I didn't like it at all--from the pictures. I never saw it on. I can't imagine wearing a leather dress in the summer as much as I do like leather.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Does anyone else not like getting yelled at?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I love the dress, and Lisa wears it very well. 'My guess' is that in the future, there will be a similar GILI dress, maybe in a fabric.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Many of the female hosts wear their own clothing on air. No one complains when MBR wears gorgeous silk suits, says as much, and shows how prongs on the jewelry don't snag her expensive suits. Jill also likes her DY jewelry and clothing from NM and Nordies. Shawn also likes designer clothing. SO WHAT!!!!!!These ladies obviously can afford them and enjoy wearing them. Just look at the shoes and jewelry being worn by some vendors. While selling a $40 top one is wearing $800 shoes. Obviously, she sells a ton of clothing. As long as they look nice who are we to complain? We are watching to possibly purchase what is being sold, not, to criticize what the host is wearing because some either don't like the host or could be jealous of her success.

Honored Contributor

The studio is freezing cold so Lisa would be fine in that dress in the studio. Also, the hosts have all mentioned that they wear something different when they come in for their shift and then change into their on-air outfit. So it's not like Lisa is going to be coming into the studio from a hot, humid day in that leather dress.

I didn't see the dress on her but I think it's cute from the still shot.

Esteemed Contributor

That is a summer dress? If it is real leather it will be as hot as heck.

Honored Contributor

I think sleeveless leather is an oxymoron.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Lisa is, well Lisa is Lisa. She wears what she wants, does what she wants and looks at herself in the cameras anytime she wants.

I did not see the dress but I can just imagine all the looking in the camera that was going on when she had it on. The picture of the dress is awful IMHO.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

On 5/31/2014 kittenmine said:

Do you really believe Lisa is paying full price for these clothes? First of all, her clothes are probably a huge tax write off because she needs them for her job as a huge fashion expert on the highly regarded, cutting edge QVC brand (eye roll). First of all, how is she able to copy the clothes she loves, loves, loves, and then make a knock off of it with a few minor changes and call it her line? And while I'm at it, whenever she is on with the Dooney Rep, everytime there is a close up she actually puts her hand in the shot even if she has to nudge the Reps hand out of the way to do it (sorry, I can't remember her name). The image she projects is so shallow and self-absorbed. She judges people by the bag they carry, the watch they wear, etc. and has many times said that is how people are judged. The cheeks are becoming over-filled, and soon she will end up looking like Joan Rivers or Madonna. Bring it on.

Definitely not a tax write off. It isn't a uniform and it can be worn in one's personal life.Newscasters and other tv personalities can get promotional discounts if the merchant gets screen credits.