Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson's leather dress that she has on 5-30-14

Clothes can only be used as a tax write off if they are specific to her job, Like a work uniform. That dress can be worn other than her job, So she cannot write it off
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind that many times Lisa will wear an item from another line then have a knockoff made for GILI, perhaps she is "testing the waters" so to speak with this one.
Respected Contributor

OK. I'm in the minority. I didn't like the dress. And, I thought she would fit in great on HSN during their movie promotion.

Super Contributor

I saw her for two minutes before I turned it off but thought she looked good in the dress, although it's not something I would ever wear.

Trusted Contributor

OK, don't laugh at me, but who would want to wrap their body in cow skin? Sorry, but leather just does not appeal to me at all.

Respected Contributor

On 5/30/2014 JBinRWC said:

I just think she insults all of us with her wardrobe choices. Very tired of LR. She does not respect any of us. Totally sef-centered. That has been said more than once for sure.

I completely agree!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

On 5/31/2014 kittenmine said:

Do you really believe Lisa is paying full price for these clothes? First of all, her clothes are probably a huge tax write off because she needs them for her job as a huge fashion expert on the highly regarded, cutting edge QVC brand (eye roll). First of all, how is she able to copy the clothes she loves, loves, loves, and then make a knock off of it with a few minor changes and call it her line? And while I'm at it, whenever she is on with the Dooney Rep, everytime there is a close up she actually puts her hand in the shot even if she has to nudge the Reps hand out of the way to do it (sorry, I can't remember her name). The image she projects is so shallow and self-absorbed. She judges people by the bag they carry, the watch they wear, etc. and has many times said that is how people are judged. The cheeks are becoming over-filled, and soon she will end up looking like Joan Rivers or Madonna. Bring it on.

You are so right!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

I just think she insults all of us with her wardrobe choices. Very tired of LR. She does not respect any of us. Totally sef-centered. That has been said more than once for sure.

I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense! Please explain how she insults you when she wears non QVC clothes when doing the beauty shows and how in doing so, does that make her self centered and lacks respect toward you?

Super Contributor

On 5/31/2014 D Oro said:
On 5/31/2014 hulagirl said:

This isn't meant as a criticism, but I do believe that Lisa knows exactly what she's doing and is very deliberate in her calculations of what she wears on-air. She knows we'll notice and talk about it.....she knows most of us can't afford her choices......we're suppose to think that makes her something we envy and want to attain to be like........and on and on and on.....get my drift. Do I think she's a little self-absorbed?? Probably, but so what......that doesn't affect me in any way.

Or, or Lisa might wear what she likes and enjoys. Just as we all do. If I thought that she wore something or did something to make me jealous or envious , then I think that would make me self-absorbed. Not her.

Exactly!

Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 PKB said:

I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense! Please explain how she insults you when she wears non QVC clothes when doing the beauty shows and how in doing so, does that make her self centered and lacks respect toward you?

I agree, PKB ........... what a ridiculous comment ..... HOW are we insulted? ........ HOW are we disrespected? ........ And HOW does that make Lisa "totally self-centered"? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

The hosts aren't required to wear 100% QVC clothing and I have no problem with that. I'm sure all the hosts get "samples" from friends in the business, and I see nothing wrong with that, either!

SO WHAT if the hosts wear expensive pieces now and then ...... I'm willing to bet that they got them at a huge discount! I say, good for them! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}