Super Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson's leather dress that she has on 5-30-14

On 5/31/2014 scatcat said: I like the top of the dress, but the bottom is too long and frumpy. She looked great. I'm sure she got the dress at a discount. But really, what else does she have to spend her big pay checks on? Surely not children's braces, club sports, college tuition etc. I'd be wearing leather pajamas if we didn't have kids.

Leather pajamas! Snicker, snort! So funny.

Super Contributor

On 5/31/2014 lolakimono said:

Here it is-

Thanks for showing the picture. I really like it. If you give it to me, I will wear it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/31/2014 D Oro said:
On 5/31/2014 lolakimono said:

Here it is-

Thanks for showing the picture. I really like it. If you give it to me, I will wear it.

Me, too ...

Valued Contributor

Guess I am in the minority. I tuned in briefly to see what was on, saw the dress and did not even realize it was leather. I did not think it complemented Lisa's figure in the least, thought it was matronly, and had no clue it was a couture dress that cost that much. If so, I would have had it tailored to accent her figure a bit more. JMO.

Honored Contributor

It's a little bit "Matrix" for me. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Esteemed Contributor

That pic above reminds me of Kalinda ... and I'm not a Kalinda type, so you can keep the dress, after all. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

Wow, I did not realize this was an Olsen twins creation??! Personally I find that length matronly (on my 5'9" body) but I thought it looked nice on Lisa.

Respected Contributor

On 5/30/2014 annabellethecat said:

It's strange that QVC let's her wear clothes other than their's. Lisa or any of the Hosts. I think it says something about how they feel about their clothes.

It's as if they are saying, "Buy our clothes, but we think the Hosts look better in other clothes. After all, I would think they would want the Hosts to look as good as possible on TV representing QVC.

Really now? This is a reflection on your own mind & thoughtsSmiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Do you really believe Lisa is paying full price for these clothes? First of all, her clothes are probably a huge tax write off because she needs them for her job as a huge fashion expert on the highly regarded, cutting edge QVC brand (eye roll). First of all, how is she able to copy the clothes she loves, loves, loves, and then make a knock off of it with a few minor changes and call it her line? And while I'm at it, whenever she is on with the Dooney Rep, everytime there is a close up she actually puts her hand in the shot even if she has to nudge the Reps hand out of the way to do it (sorry, I can't remember her name). The image she projects is so shallow and self-absorbed. She judges people by the bag they carry, the watch they wear, etc. and has many times said that is how people are judged. The cheeks are becoming over-filled, and soon she will end up looking like Joan Rivers or Madonna. Bring it on.

Contributor

The dress may have cost $3,000 but it did nothing for Lisa. If anything it made her look matronly especially the length and the tan wedge shoes with it. I have seen her look much better!!