Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

On 10/11/2014 BOYINTX said:

When Kathy Levin left did she announce it and if so did she in the same announcment tell the Q fan what she was planning to do..Did she leave her fan base wondering ?

I may be wrong but I thought she said she had an offer to do a TV show--at least was in discussions for that. Now we know it didn't materialize. Not sure she mentioned the TV show the exact same day she said she was leaving. Maybe someone else can fill in more details. She didn't do the TV show, but did work at HSN training hosts, then brought a clothing line to HSN (didn't do well and was dropped) and then she brought a "vintage look" jewelry line to QVC and that didn't last long. She later remarried and travels with her husband a lot. I think most, when they leave, do not announce specific plans until they are officially no longer employed by QVC.

Super Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Daysdee said:
On 10/11/2014 BOYINTX said:

When Kathy Levin left did she announce it and if so did she in the same announcment tell the Q fan what she was planning to do..Did she leave her fan base wondering ?

I may be wrong but I thought she said she had an offer to do a TV show--at least was in discussions for that. Now we know it didn't materialize. Not sure she mentioned the TV show the exact same day she said she was leaving. Maybe someone else can fill in more details. She didn't do the TV show, but did work at HSN training hosts, then brought a clothing line to HSN (didn't do well and was dropped) and then she brought a "vintage look" jewelry line to QVC and that didn't last long. She later remarried and travels with her husband a lot. I think most, when they leave, do not announce specific plans until they are officially no longer employed by QVC.

thank you.. I just think it would have been better if Lisa had stated her goings on so as to limit the ideas some think she will do-- Ha-

Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 DebiM said:
On 10/11/2014 culebra said:

Earlier I said that maybe she was joining Joan Rivers Worldwide. Maybe Melissa Rivers offered her a position. Lisa R is in a much higher category than either Bob Bowersox or Pam McCoy. She would not leave her $1,000,000+ position at QVC if she was not offered something new, different and better.

And how do you know Lisa Robertson's salary??

{#emotions_dlg.huh}

I think it's been made public.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Kathleen said:
On 10/11/2014 Skylands said:
On 10/11/2014 Ranchergal said:

I think she just needs change. Life moves on. People don't stick with the same job their entire lives as they once did. It seems many people get restless after twenty years working the same job, even being in the same career or living in the same area.

In today's job market, nobody stays in a job more than 5 years. Companies like you to move on so they find ways to help U move on. 20 years is unheard of unless U R in gov't. In fact it is often times seen by employers as a liability. Can U teach these people anything new? That's employers thinking.

QVC is unique in that has many people working there for 20+ years. It is a private company so.....................?

That's not the way it is here in NYC. How do you build up your retirement and 401(k) if you are constantly changing jobs. Many companies - you aren't vested in your retirement until 10 years. I was with my last employer 18 years when I retired. One of my friends just retired ... her entire career was with one company.

The new regime. Job-hopping used to be frowned upon but now 18 months to two years - if one hasn't moved on the resume is questioned. Dead wood.

And many 401/403s vest after 5 years.

Super Contributor

I see Kathy on with Marie Osmond with Nutri System and love the way she say's COOKIE.

Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Daysgoby said:

Hmmm...Is this pure coincidence? I think not. Remember when Pamela McCoy was a ShopNBC hostess for many years? Then she "left" only to return and promote the "Pamela McCoy" line? (Great way to drum up publicity, by the way). I think Lisa is following in Pamela's footsteps. What do you think?

And where is Pam McCoy now?

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Lisa is a TV personality. Period!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Ranchergal said:

I think she just needs change. Life moves on. People don't stick with the same job their entire lives as they once did. It seems many people get restless after twenty years working the same job, even being in the same career or living in the same area.

Like Bob Barker? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

35 years = The Price is Right.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Sooner said:

People keep complaining about all of these LISA threads and how silly they are, but they are still here posting away! That always gives me a big laugh!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Isn't that FUNNY? Stupid really! Don't like the thread? Then, go away! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Geesh!

Respected Contributor

I don't really think about it all that much -- the subject of Lisa leaving consumes very little of my time.

Super Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Daysgoby said:

Unless she is returning specifically as a vendor to be the face for the brand.

Otherwise, why is she still promoting the brand by posting pics of herself wearing the GILI items? I think her career move definitely involves GILI!

She is already the GILI vendor. When it was a TSV, she was on in the role of the vendor. She is wearing gili items in her photos because that is what she wears. Additionally, she may receive a commission on gili sales so it is still in her best interest to promote gili items. Since qvc owns the Gili line, I doubt that her new job has anything to do with GILI. What would she do for GILI that she's not already doing?