Not applicable

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

<blockquote style="word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; letter-spacing: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 22px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px 10px 10px; zoom: 1; background-image: url('http://community.qvc.com/Portals/1/Skins/QVC.Skins/images/blockquote_header.jpg'); background-color: initial; background-position: 100% 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat;"> <p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; letter-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px; zoom: 1;"> The new regime. Job-hopping used to be frowned upon but now 18 months to two years - if one hasn't moved on the resume is questioned. Dead wood.

<p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; letter-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px; zoom: 1;"> And many 401/403s vest after 5 years.

I guess you are assuming that someone who works for the same employer for a number of years is doing the same job all those years. That's not the case ... particularly when working for a large corporations as I did. You generally "move up the ladder" every few years.

U move up or out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been fortunate to have the same sales job for the last 20 yrs....no moving up...but my job is great, pays well. I have established quite a nice 401k, as well. Sales people in my company out earn the management.

For those of you that poo-poo this, perhaps you have had some difficulty maintaining employment.....

Esteemed Contributor

The source for salaries that have been quoted for hosts were was two former disgruntled employees who sued QVC for firing them saying that they were discriminated against based on race. QVC said they were fired because their sales figures did not meet quotas. Now, I hardly consider what two fired hosts stated in a lawsuit to be proven fact. You can say anything you want. There is no solid proven information to confirm any of these salary estimates.
Super Contributor

On 10/11/2014 BOYINTX said:

When Kathy Levin left did she announce it and if so did she in the same announcment tell the Q fan what she was planning to do..Did she leave her fan base wondering ?

Kathy announced her departure and there was even a last show to see her off. She left to get a private life and it must have worked because she is still married to Steve, an airline pilot. She stayed out of the limelight for a while and then went to HSN with a clothing line. It lasted a while and went away. She came back to the Q as a representative for a vintage jewelry line. That, too, lasted a while and went away. Don't know what she's doing currently.

Occasional Contributor

She's nothing without QVC...people get too greedy for their own good- she obviously has a very high opinion of herself and her overpriced GILI line- was never really impressed by it- too 70's or 80's or something- it's always a ""copy"" of something she had her in closet from something she purchased ...years ago? who cares! plenty of other worthwhile merchandise and brands to continue to look forward to- as well as hosts :

Not applicable

I am hoping she is returning to promote her GILI line. I love Lisa and the GILI line !

Super Contributor

If by some remote chance she returns as a vendor, it just might be a good thing for her GILI followers. Hopefully she will be in control of the product, as I think the quality issue is a big deal for some of the viewership. The buck stops with Lisa.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why so many people think that the choice to change jobs is ALWAYS about the almighty,dollar. So many posts insisting that Lisa would never leave her high paid QVC job unless she had something better that,paid even more. People quit high paying jobs all the time because they want to do something different and they see their lives slipping by,why they stay on the same treadmill. you may not do it and I may not do it but with the amount of money I am sure Lisa has squirreled away she probably can and very well might make this choice. She has made reference to QVC being a 24/7 job. I think she is just burned out.
Regular Contributor

Maybe she is leaving because she prefers to sell fashion/ beauty items and maybe the Q is forcing her to use her magic to sell boring stuff like ladders and mops. She is tired of that so she decided to quit to focus on what her passions are. I hope she does continue to have a fashion line somewhere that regular people can afford because I love her style. Maybe she would have a fashion line at Kohls like Jennifer Lopez, ELLE, and Lauren Conrad has. I prefer Lisa's GILI line over The GAP/Banana Republic/ann Taylor etc. to me she has had cuter options. I think there is definitely a place for Lisa's fashion eye out there and plan to keep up with her.
Regular Contributor

On 10/21/2014 KathyPet said: The source for salaries that have been quoted for hosts were was two former disgruntled employees who sued QVC for firing them saying that they were discriminated against based on race. QVC said they were fired because their sales figures did not meet quotas. Now, I hardly consider what two fired hosts stated in a lawsuit to be proven fact. You can say anything you want. There is no solid proven information to confirm any of these salary estimates.

Lisa's salary is public information. It's listed several places. Her salary is $1,000,000.00 and her net worth is $5,000,000.00.

Esteemed Contributor

Make-up LVR Please provide some sources for this public information that is not a gossip magazine or newspaper. In other words a trusted reputable source. I would be interested in knowing how someone got verifiable information on Lisa's earnings and her net worth.