Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

On 12/9/2014 fthunt said:

Who is keeping this old thread going? Lisa - is that you?

Perhaps it was Patty Reilly?

Not applicable

On 10/12/2014 straitgirl said:

I think I don't care. Lisa is not a celebrity, she is a saleswoman on a shopping channel.

Who really cares you are so absolutely right she always sounded as she was on speed talked way too much

Super Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Matty6 said:
On 12/9/2014 fthunt said:

Who is keeping this old thread going? Lisa - is that you?

Perhaps it was Patty Reilly?

{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Good one, Matty6! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Kevid-my thoughts exactly.
Contributor

On her last show Lisa said she will miss designing for G.I.L.I. So it appears she leaves the line behind as she leaves QVC. Doesn't appear she'll be promoting her fashion line on QVC.

Maybe she'll start a new line using her name?

Super Contributor

It seemed imo that Lisa passed the torch to Courtney last night. I think QVC will be focusing on Courtney as the new star of the channel. I wouldnt be surprised if Courtney takes over PM Style and Friday Night Beauty at some point
Super Contributor

On 12/8/2014 edgyangel said: I think it's one of 2 things-- 1. She is tired of QVC and truly wants to take some time to travel, rest, etc..and I'm sure she has the money to do so or... 2. She got an offer she couldn't refuse and is going into something huge, possibly as owner/designer herself where she will most likely be in the public eye again (so those of us that like her will still see her on TV) That's my two cents Smiley Happy Love and blessings to her whatever she has chosen to do!
I think so too. She worked a lot and hard and she deserves a break and she may want to meet a man and maybe get married one day and working so much it seemed she didn't have much of a social life. For starting out as just an average host she came along way and worked her butt off to be as good as she became. Lisa is smart and she probably knew now is the time to move on and wait for something better to come her way and if it doesn't im sure she'll b welcomed back and she also has enough money to retire if she chooses. I read somewhere that her net worth is between 5 and 10 million.
Frequent Contributor

I too, think that Lisa will come back to HER line G.I.L.I.!! She has designed many items from her own very expensive clothes, handbags, jewelry. She will be back. I would bet on it. And I don't think QVC owns G.I.L.I . Many times Lisa said she went to jewelers, manufacturers, and had them make items to HER specifications, so they would be more affordable to us. We'll see!!

Honored Contributor

Look, she isn't married, she has no children. Lisa loves to travel. I'm surprised she didn't do this sooner.

She seems to have many, many 'connections' in just about every mode pertaining to retail. This is a logical move.

She can travel (while claiming it on her taxes), she can use what's she's learned about designing and what women want and like.

I think it is a a win-win situation for Lisa. Good for her. Some people wouldn't have the nerve to make such a change at this point in her life/career. Good for her.

Honored Contributor

On 12/23/2014 annabellethecat said:

Look, she isn't married, she has no children. Lisa loves to travel. I'm surprised she didn't do this sooner.

She seems to have many, many 'connections' in just about every mode pertaining to retail. This is a logical move.

She can travel (while claiming it on her taxes), she can use what's she's learned about designing and what women want and like.

I think it is a a win-win situation for Lisa. Good for her. Some people wouldn't have the nerve to make such a change at this point in her life/career. Good for her.

On her personal travels and vacations, she certainly can't "claim it on her taxes".

And, she also can't write off her clothing.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"