Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

I highly doubt Lisa R would EVER go to Shop HQ, LOL. When H#ll freezes over. And yes, I like some of Shop HQ items. It's not a bash on Shop HQ, but I think it would be a step down. Plus, I doubt she'd move there.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

On 11/2/2014 KathyPet said: I don't know why so many people think that the choice to change jobs is ALWAYS about the almighty,dollar. So many posts insisting that Lisa would never leave her high paid QVC job unless she had something better that,paid even more. People quit high paying jobs all the time because they want to do something different and they see their lives slipping by,why they stay on the same treadmill. you may not do it and I may not do it but with the amount of money I am sure Lisa has squirreled away she probably can and very well might make this choice. She has made reference to QVC being a 24/7 job. I think she is just burned out.
I agree. Lisa is financially set for life and at this stage she can sit back and take her time and wait for whatever comes her way
Super Contributor

On 12/7/2014 winamac1 said:

I highly doubt Lisa R would EVER go to Shop HQ, LOL. When H#ll freezes over. And yes, I like some of Shop HQ items. It's not a bash on Shop HQ, but I think it would be a step down. Plus, I doubt she'd move there.

Yeah I feel the same. Lisa has a really fun personality and she will be missed but Shophq I just can't see her taking a step backward she's too smart for that and all the powerful people she's became friends with over the years im sure Lisa learned from. Now Kathy Levine imo left QVC too soon and now she's taking anything she can. A couple of years ago she sent an audition tape to be Anderson Coopers co-host before it was cancelled, it used to b on YouTube not sure if it's still there or not
Super Contributor

On 12/4/2014 nickycat said: My intuition tells me she is going on Evinr and doing similar to what Kathy Levin is going to be doing. Is it a coincidence that the start of Evine is the same day she leaves QVC. Just speculating. And decided to get on the bandwagon. What do you think? Boy oh Boy, that would be a power house of sales, having those two super talented ladies working on web sales.
From what I read Kathy Levine is not joining Shophq as a host but as some sort of reporter (lol) talking about her travels fashion etc and will be popping on from time to time for a few minutes. It sounds silly to me and the entire new coming concept with Shophq sounds chaotic and I'm still not sure what exactly the network is trying to do. If they want to compete with the other two networks then they should start with a overhaul of new hosts, new sets,a channel that isn't interuppted with paid informercials,and new vendors and most importantly vendors we know not celebrities selling inferior products that they don't use in real life. Idk that network is a hot mess
Occasional Contributor

I bet you she is joining up with Prior host Kathy Levine on her new shopping channel/show EVine Live . . . . I just read it on the bottom of Shophq's homepage, that Kathy will be starting soon, don't know if it is going to replace ShopHQ or an addition. It did state Pamela McCoy will be coming with her . . .and maybe Lisa as well. 1 of the pictures posted on Lisa's blog looks like a fairly recent picture of her with Kathy Levine . . .you never know. 2 or 3 powerful, motivated women can do anything! Just my opinion . . .

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 fitnessfreak said: Possibly she is going on to TV w/a new What Not To Wear or Fashion Police type of show....or as someone else suggested, as a permanent beauty/fashion advisor on Oxygen or OWN or whatever Network. ..one thing I can assume (w 99% accuracy!) is that lovely Lisa is NOT leaving TV! Jmho....
Yeah I could see Lisa doing that. The past few years she's been on various talk shows as a makeup life and fashion expert and she did it very well.
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/7/2014 blossompie said:
On 12/4/2014 nickycat said: My intuition tells me she is going on Evinr and doing similar to what Kathy Levin is going to be doing. Is it a coincidence that the start of Evine is the same day she leaves QVC. Just speculating. And decided to get on the bandwagon. What do you think? Boy oh Boy, that would be a power house of sales, having those two super talented ladies working on web sales.
From what I read Kathy Levine is not joining Shophq as a host but as some sort of reporter (lol) talking about her travels fashion etc and will be popping on from time to time for a few minutes. It sounds silly to me and the entire new coming concept with Shophq sounds chaotic and I'm still not sure what exactly the network is trying to do. If they want to compete with the other two networks then they should start with a overhaul of new hosts, new sets,a channel that isn't interuppted with paid informercials,and new vendors and most importantly vendors we know not celebrities selling inferior products that they don't use in real life. Idk that network is a hot mess

Good advice, blossompie.

Whatever's going to happen at ShopNBC/ShopHQ/Evine is yet to be seen, but I'm not so sure it's going to be the next big thing. I like Lisa and Kathy, but I'm predicting even those two wouldn't be able to get me turned on to another network's house brand.

Frequent Contributor

Would love if Lisa came back as a Vendor. Her style will be missed and think it would be a good opportunity for her to make the same $ or more selling her own line of products. It would also free up her time to give her more of a life away from the Q. Think thats what she was missing with such a rigorous schedule.

Super Contributor

On 12/7/2014 beautybrowsing said:

Would love if Lisa came back as a Vendor. Her style will be missed and think it would be a good opportunity for her to make the same $ or more selling her own line of products. It would also free up her time to give her more of a life away from the Q. Think thats what she was missing with such a rigorous schedule.

She could come back as a Vendor and it would be a success because Lisa is very entertaining and fun And she knows her products like nobody else but I think she probably has something going on and she may also want a life and find some romance. She has all that money and that gorgeous huge custom built home and maybe shed like to just live and maybe marry
Super Contributor

On 12/7/2014 wildcat fan said:
On 12/7/2014 blossompie said:

Good advice, blossompie.

Whatever's going to happen at ShopNBC/ShopHQ/Evine is yet to be seen, but I'm not so sure it's going to be the next big thing. I like Lisa and Kathy, but I'm predicting even those two wouldn't be able to get me turned on to another network's house brand.