Regular Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

Respected Contributor

I think that I will be thrilled to never again have to hear her say that something she is presenting is "going to be" whatever. If it already exists so that she can present it, it is. It is not "going to be" anything. Not sure where she picked that up but thrilled to not have to hear it after 12/12.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
New Contributor

I THINK LISA has an open area of people what would love to have her, i think whatever she has planned, it has to be a challenge, and where she can make a mark, but i just do not understand the secrecy,, she knows we all want to know, why is it, she just does not tell us, or be more clear that upsets me a bit,

Regular Contributor

My instincts are being strongly pulled toward the internet as a new direction for Lisa. It may even be connected to QVC is some way. So many now use the internet for shopping; much of the reservation for shopping this way has been eliminated. We buy sinks and faucets, refrigerator parts, keyboards yada, yada this way. Even with accumulated wealth, a person with her talents, beauty and skill will not sit back and rock in a chair. Non-compete clause is always a factor unless the new employer is the same as the old. Even non-QVC shoppers in my world know who Lisa is, know she is leaving and are curious about her next venture. I also think the Joan Rivers connection is a strong possibility. Again another QVC connection for that successful line. Speculation is natural and is fun reading the predictions and interpretations.
Regular Contributor

Sorry, repeat
Frequent Contributor

If she goes, so be it. Not going to affect my life. Ho hum....
Super Contributor

Lisa imo looks bored to death and tired lately when she's on air. I will miss her but she probably is going on to bigger and better things. The comparisons to Kathy Levine are laughable yes Kathy and Lisa were greats hosts but Lisa is younger and has more style. I just can't see Kathy Levine appealing to thirty year olds but Lisa on the other hand appeals to all women and men. Lisa has become a multi millionaire from QVC and now she can pick n choose where she wants to take her life and career. I believe Lisa already has opportunities coming her way and in time she'll let us know via facebook
Super Contributor

On 12/3/2014 milly said:

Since she is in NY all the time probably there designing a line. After reading about Kathy Levine on EVINE(ShopNBC) I expect to see Lisa there. Probably is designing a line to present. She could live in PA and travel to MN for the presentations.

Lol I don't think Lisa has to step down and join Shophq in any capacity. Just because Kathy Levine is there doing some silly thing from time to time doesn't mean Lisa will be too. Lisa has more going for her than Kathy
Super Contributor

On 12/7/2014 blossompie said:
On 12/3/2014 milly said:

Since she is in NY all the time probably there designing a line. After reading about Kathy Levine on EVINE(ShopNBC) I expect to see Lisa there. Probably is designing a line to present. She could live in PA and travel to MN for the presentations.

Lol I don't think Lisa has to step down and join Shophq in any capacity. Just because Kathy Levine is there doing some silly thing from time to time doesn't mean Lisa will be too. Lisa has more going for her than Kathy
I will say though if Shophq or Evine had any sense they would offer Lisa a lot of $$$$$ to join that network because as of now it's the worst home shopping network and the only way to get it going would be Lisa
Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 QVCJH said:
On 10/11/2014 BOYINTX said:

When Kathy Levin left did she announce it and if so did she in the same announcment tell the Q fan what she was planning to do..Did she leave her fan base wondering ?

Kathy announced her departure and there was even a last show to see her off. She left to get a private life and it must have worked because she is still married to Steve, an airline pilot. She stayed out of the limelight for a while and then went to HSN with a clothing line. It lasted a while and went away. She came back to the Q as a representative for a vintage jewelry line. That, too, lasted a while and went away. Don't know what she's doing currently.

Kathy left QVC because she wanted to develope a talk show for the USA network but it never got off the ground.