Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

On 10/14/2014 TX-starlight said:
On 10/14/2014 kevid said:

I am celebrating that Lisa is leaving. I change the channel if she is presenting. Could never figure out why QVC kept her on. So fake and conceited.

omg!! You & I are probably the only 2 people alive who agree on this!!!

Nope. I make number 3.

Respected Contributor

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 Remee said:

These unfounded ideas from you crazy posters get wilder and wilder as the hours go by!

Bet Lisa is ROTFL as much as I have been!

enjoy a study of people.

Valued Contributor

On 10/14/2014 CadillacQueen said:

Hello, I am still devastated that Lisa is leaving! I had recorded the season finale of The Lisa Robertson Show, which aired I believe on Friday, Sept. 12th. On that show, she said the LRS would be back in February. So since she is now leaving, it will not be. Also, it just so happens that her Posh gifts show is on December 12th. I wish she had stayed through the end of the year at least. And I wish she would tell us where she is going - as I for one am not a social media guru like a lot of Lisa's Facebook contacts are and I'm afraid I will miss when and if she does let us know. She could also be going to work at somewhere like Bare Minerals with her BFF Leslie, too OR taking up violin, OR pursuing long term care career. I cannot imagine QVC without Lisa Robertson! What do all of you think!

That's interesting. So just a month ago she was saying that LRS will be back in February but 4 weeks later she says she is leaving in 2 months.... I'm enjoying a study of facts Smiley Wink
Not applicable

Maybe she's getting married...she should at least stay thru Christmas...Christmas time

at work was the most fun time of the year...or maybe that's her birthday...hmmm

Super Contributor

On 10/13/2014 mosky said:

I heard there is no such thing as coincident

Well, that's true...

Contributor

The reason QVC, HSN keep their hosts as long as they do is b/c those are the best jobs in TV. Great companies, great benefits, every product available at a discount, travel, relatively stress free as jobs go vs. being a worker bee in an office. And BIG MONEY. What's not to like?

Before the recession, Rick & Lisa were earning close to $1MM a year. Both appeared on CNBC b/c they were so successful. They're still doing very well. 25 years ago QVC was starting new hosts on the graveyard shifts at $80k/yr. per lawsuit reported in the NY Times - said suit brought by a couple of those hosts at not being given better air times. Lisa/Rick at the top of their game. Lisa with no family responsibilities can afford to give up such a lucrative gig. No doubt she never needs to work again, if she so chooses.

That said, knowing what I know now at my advanced age, there is no way I'd be leaving QVC except on a stretcher.

Also, wasn't Kathy Levine already married when she left QVC? I know she was very open about husband hunting - and she succeeded - and shortly after she married, she left. Don't think Lisa is husband-hunting, however. Never got the vibe that she was particularly interested in being married.

Be interesting to see what Lisa does next.

New Contributor

On 10/14/2014 Aimeewells said: This is off subject but has anyone else been annoyed with Jen Coffee an her being overbearing to Judith Ripkas dealer the other night? I did turn the channel. She was not letting the dealer get a word in edgewise
I LOVE @jennifercoffee!!! I would be over the mood estatic if she took over PM Style...as she does have a fashion industry background.
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine watching the Q without looking forward to Lisa's shows. Especially her Christmas shows. Very talented, intelligent woman. I like her calm demeanor. Fast talkers make me a bit uneasy.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Occasional Contributor

When Kathy Levin left she was going to have a talk show that did not work out. Doesn'

t anyone remember they had a going away show for her. She was so funny in many ways. Her first book sold well, not the 2nd. She and Lisa worked together a lot when Lisa first started and they used to joke about being single and working weekend eves.

Qvc was on most of every day. Thankfully I got smart and turned it off for some time. Some how I turned it on a couple years ago, but I am now selective and read reviews before buying if possible.