Occasional Contributor

Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

Lisa recently announced that she will be leaving her current position at QVC on December 12th.

During one of her recent on-air shows, she was selling a GILI cuff or bracelet.

She told the viewers that advanced orders for this item will ship out on December 12th.

Hmmm...Is this pure coincidence? I think not. Remember when Pamela McCoy was a ShopNBC hostess for many years? Then she "left" only to return and promote the "Pamela McCoy" line? (Great way to drum up publicity, by the way). I think Lisa is following in Pamela's footsteps. What do you think?

Super Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

QVC owns the GILI (Got it Love It) trademark.

I assume that when Lisa leaves QVC, she leaves that behind.

Occasional Contributor

Unless she is returning specifically as a vendor to be the face for the brand.

Otherwise, why is she still promoting the brand by posting pics of herself wearing the GILI items? I think her career move definitely involves GILI!

Honored Contributor

What I think is that the last thing we need is yet another silly thread about Lisa's leaving QVC.

We've got about 25 threads on here already!

Super Contributor

I think she just needs change. Life moves on. People don't stick with the same job their entire lives as they once did. It seems many people get restless after twenty years working the same job, even being in the same career or living in the same area.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Ranchergal said:

I think she just needs change. Life moves on. People don't stick with the same job their entire lives as they once did. It seems many people get restless after twenty years working the same job, even being in the same career or living in the same area.

In today's job market, nobody stays in a job more than 5 years. Companies like you to move on so they find ways to help U move on. 20 years is unheard of unless U R in gov't. In fact it is often times seen by employers as a liability. Can U teach these people anything new? That's employers thinking.

QVC is unique in that has many people working there for 20+ years. It is a private company so.....................?

Respected Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Daysgoby said:

Otherwise, why is she still promoting the brand by posting pics of herself wearing the GILI items? I think her career move definitely involves GILI!

If you go there now, Daysgoby, you'll see she's posted a pair of boots and asked whether she should wear them in the rain today. Is this an item from her upcoming line or is she really just asking for people's opinions? It seems to me that she is including her present and future products in these pictures. Just my guess.

Here are the boots. Does anyone recognize these boots as being from another brand?

Photo: Ok, it's 52 degrees, raining and icky. I really want to wear my new boots. I know it's pushing it, but what do you think? :)

Edited to add: These are from Sperry, Lisa posted, so she's not showing them as part of an upcoming line of hers.

Super Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Daysgoby said:

She is still working for QVC .... selling GILI.

Occam's razor (among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Other, more complicated solutions may ultimately prove correct, but—in the absence of certainty—the fewer assumptions that are made, the better.)

Esteemed Contributor

Yes it is her time now,and Lisa has changed so much (for the better) She came here an innocent little nobody (I know she was Miss Pearl something or other) but she was very young when she came to the Q. She made her place and now it is time to move on. She does not fit well here any more as you can see by the mean posts here about her.

Good luck Lisa.even if you come back to the Q as a vendor ,selling your own style,I wish you all the best.

I'll be keeping an eye out for you.

Super Contributor

Where is Pamela OHHHH WESSSS Mccoy now?