Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson Auditioning for a Red Carpet Job on Facebook?

On 1/27/2015 Miranda1550 said:

Will Lisa just go away.....................it is over...................................

She'll go away if you stop posting posts about her and stop being her facebook friend....how about taking responsibility for your own actions??? Wow. What a concept. Miranda darling.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/27/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/27/2015 Ms X said:

I've been checking Lisa's FB page since she left QVC, something I never did before. I'm curious about what her next venture would be. I don't think she's retiring because she's cultivating a following on FB.

Lisa knows a lot about beauty and fashion. Twenty years in the industry teaches one far more about them than going through a program. Further, it isn't easy to do what Lisa has done. She was a top seller and really the face of QVC year after year. Every commercial venture needs people who know how to sell or the designers and inventors wouldn't make a dime. Lisa went beyond that in her work, though. People tuned in to see her specifically for her humor and the information she dispensed about fashion and beauty beyond just selling a product. This culminated in her GILI line, which she helped design even if she didn't make the patterns. It was a smashing success.

She's earned every penny she has, worked her tail off from dawn until dusk, and stayed classy even as she was viciously criticized by people who run her down for reasons I've never understood.

Now I will be criticized for being a "stalker," "having no life," etc., etc., etc., because I defended Lisa. Not that I care. I'm interested in what she'll do next and am impressed by what she's done in the past. She is a talented and intelligent individual and a very funny lady to boot.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I'm in full agreement. Lisa did a great job and there's every reason to expect her to continue with a solid career. If, near the end of her tenure, her presentations sometimes appeared a bit lackluster, who can blame her, given the many hours over many years spent going on and on about essentially the same merchandise. Besides, even at her least compelling, she was still more compelling than most of the others on a good day...

And don't you know, you can't enjoy or admire anyone around here or you have no life are a 'lover' or 'obsessed' or a 'groupie'. Likewise, even reasoned criticisms net the 'hater', 'downer', and 'bully' monikers, oh and still the 'get a life' mantra... It pays to say what one wants to say as long as one isn't either grossly effusive on the one hand or mean-spirited on the other in saying it...

Wink

Wow some normal logical posts with reasonable statements.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Lisa is auditioning for a red carpet job on E network, ShopHQ host, HSN host, Food Network show, Dennis Basso designer, Judge for Miss America, Project Runway, A coach on the biggest loser, a couture designer, an actress, a preacher, a teacher, a tour guide in Italy, a musican, a dietitian, jewelery designer, starting a cosmetic company, an interior decorator, life coach, candle stick maker... I know, I forgot.... there is still more...Kiss

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 annabella said:

What just is Lisa's fashion background??... what is her Education? Does she have a degree in design and fashion from an accredited school? Why does she think her opinion matters at all as far as fashion? All she wears is black. Wishful thinking on Lisa's part to think she can go from a salesperson on a shopping network selling poopori...to the Red Carpet{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

What is your job sweetie? If your retired what a waste of talent.Oh wait, your job is here, putting host and vendors in their place.Well done Annabella. Off topic, but do you like any host or vendors ?

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 namealreadytaken said:

What just is Lisa's fashion background??... what is her Education? Does she have a degree in design and fashion from an accredited school? Why does she think her opinion matters at all as far as fashion? All she wears is black. Wishful thinking on Lisa's part to think she can go from a salesperson on a shopping network selling poopori...to the Red Carpet{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

If you understood fashion, you would understand why she wore the black on the shows she did on fashion, so as not to detract from the models or anything of various colors that she might need to don. See, I know nothing about fashion but I do observe and listen to the talking points. I did learn that much. Does not a fashion tycoon or critique make me, just someone who observes.

it was to look thin.

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 lovesbe said:

What is your job sweetie? If your retired what a waste of talent.Oh wait, your job is here, putting host and vendors in their place.Well done Annabella. Off topic, but do you like any host or vendors ?

I have a degree in fashion from Bauder Fashion college.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/27/2015 sugarflake said:

me to

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Keep waiting to hear those "" plans"". Lol
Super Contributor

We all love to talk about fashion........and we don't all have the education credits in the fashion industry.......its just like sitting around with your girlfriends and talking......what's wrong with that???? I don't get the problem here.......

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 sugarflake said:

Good for you ! Hope you use it honey.