Super Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertoson's little black dress

On 9/23/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

The dress was very simple to the point of almost being boring. I would think you could find something like that just about anywhere. Was rather surprised to see her wearing something so plain and blah.

Agreed! I found the dress and wedge sandals a little ""too"" simple. I 've seen her wear more appealing black dresses on air.

Honored Contributor

On 9/23/2014 expatgal said:

Let me see, how can I phrase this.

She tries too hard.

That's exactly how I feel too.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/23/2014 imaclotheshog said:
On 9/23/2014 expatgal said:

Let me see, how can I phrase this.

She tries too hard.

This.

Hmmm. I guess I will never ever, understand people's fascination with this woman and everything she wears and why they think that she is some sort of fashion/style expert.

I just don't understand what is so fabulous about her other than her ability to afford super expensive clothing, shoes and bags.

This.

Lisa struggles so hard to look younger, hipper, thinner, she poses her body in the most unflattering positions which then reflect on her overall look. Her facial expressions, too, have become a "deer in headlights" look.

I found her dress to be marginally attractive, although I was surprised by the style as it is a bit "old" for the look she often tries to achieve. The shoes certainly did not complement the dress (and truthfully are so last year!).

Honored Contributor

On 9/23/2014 sparklestar said:

Looked like a toddler's purse.

It looks like a Brahmin, but it's probably not. Totally wrong whatever it was.

Regular Contributor

It is in good taste (at least by past standards) for attendants and guests to not overshadow the bride who is the honoree and center of attention of the day. I believe that LR accomplished that and still looked classic and lovely.
Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 brii said:
On 9/23/2014 sparklestar said:

Looked like a toddler's purse.

It looks like a Brahmin, but it's probably not. Totally wrong whatever it was.

Maybe a Chanel?

If I can't recognize it - it's out of my price range!!!!!

Susan's daughter carried a cute pink Chanel quilted bag.

Esteemed Contributor

G.I.L.I. has a skirt with a faux leather flounce at the bottom (A256239) that I was tempted to buy. Yesterday I found the same silhouette in a dress at Marshall's for $40!
Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 MFitz said: G.I.L.I. has a skirt with a faux leather flounce at the bottom (A256239) that I was tempted to buy. Yesterday I found the same silhouette in a dress at Marshall's for $40!

Lucky You!

Would you share the brand?

Respected Contributor

HopeQ1, you participated in this thread and actually said the MOST,rude thing on the whole thread. You think discussing fashion...outfits publicly posted on a public website is crossing a line? I think your comments are ridiculous....what would LR and MBR even do with our heads?LOL!!! By the way,LR( and QVC )promotes herself as fashion and beauty expert. That's her image.I think it's fair game to discuss,even very critically,her look. Notice no one said she was a bad person.None besmirched her character.It is a discussion of her look at a wedding. You,however called names . Oh,and I may not have a body or be as pretty as LR(matter of o pinion,really),but I can guarantee I could pick better shoes and a bag to match that dress. Many fashion forwArd and stylish women post here...and they could too.But the big difference is we don't title ourselves as fashion,beauty,and lifestyle experts.
Respected Contributor

On 9/24/2014 birkin baby said: HopeQ1, you participated in this thread and actually said the MOST,rude thing on the whole thread. You think discussing fashion...outfits publicly posted on a public website is crossing a line? I think your comments are ridiculous....what would LR and MBR even do with our heads?LOL!!! By the way,LR( and QVC )promotes herself as fashion and beauty expert. That's her image.I think it's fair game to discuss,even very critically,her look. Notice no one said she was a bad person.None besmirched her character.It is a discussion of her look at a wedding. You,however called names . Oh,and I may not have a body or be as pretty as LR(matter of o pinion,really),but I can guarantee I could pick better shoes and a bag to match that dress. Many fashion forwArd and stylish women post here...and they could too.But the big difference is we don't title ourselves as fashion,beauty,and lifestyle experts.

Terrific reply!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Don't worry, be Happy!