Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna!

[ Edited ]

I saw a sweater presented with Shawn last night that I honestly thought was coming apart at the sides.  I was flipping around channels and did a Q check and saw this sweater.  Turns out, both sides were purposely done that way.  It was weird to say the least, especially because this openness was done all the way up both sides.  I wonder how many people are going to see someone wearing that thing and think it's ripped at first?  LOL 

Lisa Rinna Collection Mixed Stitch Sweater with Side Slits

Honored Contributor

That sweater was dreadful.  I used to like some of her clothes.  Her items the last year , for the most part, have been awful.  

I do like some of her pants, but they run huge.  An xxs is like a medium.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

That sweater was dreadful.  I used to like some of her clothes.  Her items the last year , for the most part, have been awful.  

ITA! I can't imagine anyone ordering it.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@winamac1 I am really, really curious about your thoughts on the Lisa Rinna line.  I am very new to it and have only purchased one pair of pants.  I agree with you that they ran a bit roomy but not 2 or 3 sizes roomy (I assume you were just trying to make a point).

Anyhoo ~ I have always valued your opinion on these boards.  You strike me as open-minded to different styles.  Can you say a little more about the problems you have experienced?  The reviews for her items seem to be pretty good on average.  What's the scoop?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@connie0 wrote:

@KimThib wrote:

I'm so enjoying Lisa's shows and fashions.  I buy VERY little "fashion" from the Q, but I've purchased several of hers, and I've been extremely pleased.  The only other line I occasionally purchase from is GILI as it is also a little more fashion forward.

I will NOT be buying any of lisa  rinna's fashions after what she just said now..I really like antoinella and the only thing she can say about what she was wearing from her collection was how "thin and tall" antoinella looked !! Please!!  Did she have to mention thin? Antoinella just replied that she liked the tall part.  That was soo insulting!  That shows you how shallow Lisa is.. 

Maybe the garment, whatever it was, DID make Antoinella look thin and taller.  I've never watched a Lisa Rinna Q show,  haven't even looked at her offerings here, but was very hopeful they'd be more fashion forward than the usual.

I'm not into anyone hurting feelings. I hope that's not the case.  Antoinella's one of my faves with her million dollar smile. She's a doll &  from-the-heart genuine.  I didn't see the show so perhaps I should reserve comments- but to me this doesn't seem malicious or insulting.   That statement wouldn't be enough to keep me from buying a piece from her collection if I really loved it.

From watching LR on HWOBH, she does have a tendency to be sort of dingy at at times.  She can make some dim & off-the-wall statements..  just part of her personality.  Naturally I don't know her personally- only what I see from a reality show.  Lisa's obviously extremely bright.

I CAN see her unintentionally sticking her foot in her mouth like she does on the show.  I CANNOT see her intentionally being mean spirited or insulting.  Quite the contrary.   Perhaps if anything she needs to hone her skills at this type of selling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@islandgrrl wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@winamac1 I am really, really curious about your thoughts on the Lisa Rinna line.  I am very new to it and have only purchased one pair of pants.  I agree with you that they ran a bit roomy but not 2 or 3 sizes roomy (I assume you were just trying to make a point).

Anyhoo ~ I have always valued your opinion on these boards.  You strike me as open-minded to different styles.  Can you say a little more about the problems you have experienced?  The reviews for her items seem to be pretty good on average.  What's the scoop?

Hi island.  I used to love some of her earlier pieces.  Lately, I haven't like many of them as she's been bringing in too many open-front cardigans.  I know many like them, but that is not my preference.  I like cardigans with closures.  Her pants...many I love.  They run big though.  If you are a size 6 or larger, her pants are awesome as you can size down. I'm not teeny tiny at all. I'm five 8 and slender, and I find many of her pants in the xxs still run large.  I do love the pants styles though.  I have 3 or 4 pairs of her pants, and I like them and wear them.  She still has several items that are cute online that I like, but lately...not been buying as much.  Good luck with your selection.  I hope that helps.

I'll try to paste a few of the items I like from her line for you.

This one is really cute!

http://www.qvc.com/Lisa-Rinna-Collection-Dolman-Sleeve-Sweater-Knit-Top.product.A266687.html?sc=A266...

I have this, and I love it!

http://www.qvc.com/Lisa-Rinna-Collection-Tie-Dyed-Sleeve-Hi-Low-Hem-Tunic-Top.product.A255901.html?s...

I like this too.

http://www.qvc.com/Lisa-Rinna-Collection-Marble-Print-Top-with-Embellishment.product.A233358.html?sc...

These are cute, but they run big in the legs:

http://www.qvc.com/Lisa-Rinna-Collection-Regular-Pull-On-Knit-Pants-with-Drawstrings.product.A265449...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Thanks @winamac1 for your thoughts and tips! Really helpful (and thoughtful). Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

ITA. The sweater lost its shape already and looked cheap and flimsy.  She is so inappropriate in front of a camera, loud and flaky.  During the Calista demo she kept screaming order me a pink one....ugh!  Too hard to watch this woman. People complain about SG?  Well this lady is by far worse and at least SG creates her designs, knows about the garments and they are decent and wear well. 

Honored Contributor

@Stray   But SG os on ever-so-much-more-frequently!

Trusted Contributor

I don't care for her or her clothes or her outrageous prices.  I won't say designs because theres no way she is a designer.  She's a loud mouthed celebrity who doesn't even know everything about her clothing line.  I am so tired of seeing the direction the Q is going in.   Celebrities, models presenting their items, because I'm sure they need the money, trying to make the public think they are designing these clothes, when we know they make their trips to China and have their names slapped on whatever they pick out.  I believe that many must go to the same companies in China because I've seen the same exact items on the Q and also on HSN.  

They are are flooding the channel with outrageously priced items from Logo, Gili, Lisa Rinna,etc. and then want to phase out "true designers" previously Louis del 'olio and now maybe George Simonton!  They phased out many true designers over the years like Mark Bauer and others who I can't recall right now. (I'm having a senior moment).  My days with the Q are dwindling but I just have to watch Isaac Mizrahi, love him and his designs.  Other than him, to me, it's just not worth watching these fad celebrity clothes.