Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna's best yet item!

@ALRATIBA 

I occasionally look at reviews but I take them all with the proverbial grain of salt! Especially when you consider both QVC and evine allow reviews without actually purchasing the item?! And HSN gives you a tiny window of time to actually write the review?! If you send the item back they won't allow you to review it?! So you need to time your return just right. And if the item happens to fall apart after you've washed it a month or two later too bad the windows already closed

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

I went and looked at the reviews. And checked the reviewers average ratings. Many gave bad reviews for everything! So I’m sticking to my ignore reviews policy.
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

30 years ago, in the late 80s, I was waitressing part-time. Sure it was a little trendy, nouveau cuisine, but the food was fabulous! Live music on weekends Etc. Our first review was in a local free rag and it was awful! So ridiculously bad that it actually stimulated business! LOL

The second review about a month later was in the Miami Herald and that one was great. But it was just funny how readers reacted. They would tell me they thought it was so ridiculous that they had to check it out for themselves

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@kivah wrote:

Did u notice that this top got BAD Reviews?

@kivah 

I purchased one of these tunics and after one wearing, my underarms were covered with pills.  I defuzzed and washed by hand only to encounter even more pills the next wearing.

If I had taken the time to review it, I, like 60-something others, would have given it 1 star.

@lulu1 

have to say that i generally take reviews with a grain of salt, BUT, when reviews are almost equally 5 star and 1 star i would take notice of that and it makes me think twice, especially when it costs about $10+ to return it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@lulu1 

have to say that i generally take reviews with a grain of salt, BUT, when reviews are almost equally 5 star and 1 star i would take notice of that and it makes me think twice, especially when it costs about $10+ to return it.

I seem to be reading a lot of those lately. Some posters say it's true to size; some say it runs small or large. Some say it's not well made; some say the quality is excellent. More often than not, if I really like what I see I'll take a chance! Some have worked out and become something I love to wear; others - I should have paid more attention to those who gave it a negative review! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

That LONG hanging back of this item really dates it. I really dislike the look of this style when I see it up close and personal. If it makes you happy go for it I say. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

When I see something I like and purchase, the last thing in the world I want is for it to be a dud.

What did I do to this garment?  I simply wore it for a few hours, defuzzed the mess, then washed it by hand and wore it again.  I do not have heavy arms that would cause a lot of friction.  I did not beat the garment against a rock when I washed it by hand.

As for sizing being all over the place, I've seen a short film about garment sweat shops.  The women are given a pile of garments and a pile of size tags.  If they do not have an accurate size tag available, they simply sew in any tag available.

As for fabric, not all garments are cut from the same bolt of material.  It is possible the fabric may vary, depending when it was manufactured.

If you love a garment great.  I do not purchase something in hopes I will dislike it.  For posters to insinuate that I would take the time to respond about something I do not even own is insulting.

I've posted here for about 25 years.  Fashion was always a fun, light place to be.  It isn't anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

That LONG hanging back of this item really dates it. I really dislike the look of this style when I see it up close and personal. If it makes you happy go for it I say. 

@ID2 

I was looking through the current Vogue pattern catalog.  How dated can it be when Vogue is showing that style with current patterns?

Trusted Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

LR not a nice person AT ALL.  Not giving her my business.

Based on what?

Honored Contributor

I can just picture you looking (and feeling) fabulous, @ALRATIBA!  (Do people say fabulous these days?)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.