Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa R's Next Excellent Adventure?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@QuinnPenny wrote:

I like Lisa, I hope she does well whatever she does.  Her purse looks like a Brahman.

knockoffs are a cottage industry in Italy 

Yes they are and when she puts "Italy" for her handbags, my thought is they are a knockoff. 

That's not how I took it. Lisa appears to be a woman who's willing to spend on the real thing as far as high-end brands -- I don't imagine her wearing/using knockoffs. Then again, who knows?!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jonbon wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@QuinnPenny wrote:

I like Lisa, I hope she does well whatever she does.  Her purse looks like a Brahman.

Yes they are and when she puts "Italy" for her handbags, my thought is they are a knockoff. 

That's not how I took it. Lisa appears to be a woman who's willing to spend on the real thing as far as high-end brands -- I don't imagine her wearing/using knockoffs. Then again, who knows?!

Jonbon, you're right ... Lisa does indeed appear to be willing to spend for high-end brands ... but that's not the issue.   She certainly won't be expecting  this so-called tribe of hers to spend as she does ... so will most certainly be selling knock-offs ... ala GILI.

Respected Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@QuinnPenny wrote:

Jonbon, you're right ... Lisa does indeed appear to be willing to spend for high-end brands ... but that's not the issue.   She certainly won't be expecting  this so-call tribe of hers to spend as she does ... so will most certainly be selling knock-offs ... ala GILI.

Right, but the point to which I was replying (I thought) was that the bag she was holding was a knockoff. I wasn't assuming it was something "coming" from her line, because it didn't say "coming." I assumed it was hers. If it is part of her line, of course it will be more affordable.

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon   ... point taken.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@QuinnPenny wrote:

ITA.  I can never see Lisa carrying a knock off.  She reminds me of my sister in some aspects-never a knock off and mainly designer pieces.  

I don't buy knock off bags either though.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

replicas yes...Lisa would do....knock offs...no

There is a difference in my mind.  She's never carry a fake LV handbag or a fake Chanel handbag.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

The non-compete clause most electronic shopping channels mandate in their contracts is for 1 full year.  I believe LR left in December 2014, if memory serves me, so she is well past that now. Many of the other prior hosts who left were back on the air with a different company right afer that one year period.  Five year non compete clauses are exceedingly rare in the sales world, for obvious reasons.

And some of the hosts have gone on to very successful careers elsewhere.  I love Suzanne Runyon on HSN and think she has done a great job there.  She really helped them develop their whole crafting category which seems to have pretty much eliminated QVC's once strong hold in that area.

Paul and Judy initially went to HSN where they both did well but their dream was to source and design their own jewelry lines which they both now do quite successfully on Evine.  Paul has always been great in the gemstone world, imo anyway.  And his jewelry, as is Judy's, is quite impressive.  Judy has a smaller line on Evine than Paul's but I beleive that is on purpose as she spends a lot of time assisting him.

And Kathy Levine also had success in a few ventures but I never got the feeling they were her true passion.  She is now with Evine in a different capacity and I did read some of her blogs there last year which were a hoot.  I get the impression her main focus now is spending time and traveling with her husband - can't beat that.

As far as LR's "great success in life" she really has not done much more than many of the long time hosts have also done.  And a number of them had very decent careers prior to joining QVC.  When LIsa first started on QVC, there was nothing extraordinary about her. Try to find some old footage and watch.  Everyone thought QVC would suffer terribly when Kathy Levine left because she was their biggest money maker back then.  But alas, they survived, as they always do!

Time moves on and new personalities begin to emerge and shine.  Within a few years on QVC there will be another host or hosts who will be right up there with the likes and success that KL and LR once had ................. it is just how the industry (and many similar industries) work.  

Lisa will eventually fade out into distant memories unless she makes some major move in the near future.  Just because she has a small tribe following her every move now, that doesn't guarantee her being successful elsewhere (where-ever that may be)  Time really works against those in the public eye - just look at the major celebrities who at one time were the hottest tickets around.  Now many, many of them have faded into obscurity.  Doesn't mean they can't be revived but it usually takes a real team of agents, managers and the like to accomplish that.

I certainly wish Lisa well but based on the very limited amount I read here, she doesn't seem to have anything definitive in the works just yet and if she lets too much more time pass, I doubt even her tribe will be able to provide her with the monetary windfall I would assume she is reaching for in this next career move.  Takes a lot of customers to ensure that kind of financial success (thousands++)

Valued Contributor

Re: Lisa R's Next Excellent Adventure? Wackers 3

Any news on Patti Reilly?

Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

replicas yes...Lisa would do....knock offs...no

There is a difference in my mind.  She's never carry a fake LV handbag or a fake Chanel handbag.

I recall she once wore an Hermes bag and admitted that it was a fake.  Other high end items may be fakes too, who knows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@QuinnPenny wrote:

@Lipstickdiva- my thoughts exactly.  They do very good knockoffs, I must say.  When I go to Italy my friends ask me to get knockoff Prada bags!