Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa R's Next Excellent Adventure?

@I am still oxox wrote:

Typo alert, I will gently point it out before others ream you a new one,(see your post below) and I agree, enough already, LR's info is available else where so why repeat  it here at nauseaum

@theladyinred wrote:

@Ms X  While I am sure  you were just so full of enthusiasm regarding Ms Robertson's "items" coming or her next business venture...why post on the boards of QVC 

when all is said and  done..as some of the other Op have said...that ship has sailed....perhaps you should continue your coversation with the "tribe" on Ms Robertson's facebook page

The subject of Ms Robertson  is particularly subjective at this point......and   is not relevant or current to anything regarding these boards

everyone knows where to go if they wish to  know about this particular person

Perhaps this is just another attempt in some way  to keep Mr Robertson alive in the QVC community  perhaps  some of us are not that interested

Feel free to skip threads about Lisa R. in the future, ladyinred.  Meanwhile, I'll post what I want.

Honored Contributor

Like any one really cares ha ha

@Ms X wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Typo alert, I will gently point it out before others ream you a new one,(see your post below) and I agree, enough already, LR's info is available else where so why repeat  it here at nauseaum

@theladyinred wrote:

@Ms X  While I am sure  you were just so full of enthusiasm regarding Ms Robertson's "items" coming or her next business venture...why post on the boards of QVC 

when all is said and  done..as some of the other Op have said...that ship has sailed....perhaps you should continue your coversation with the "tribe" on Ms Robertson's facebook page

The subject of Ms Robertson  is particularly subjective at this point......and   is not relevant or current to anything regarding these boards

Perhaps this is just another attempt in some way  to keep Mr Robertson alive in the QVC community  perhaps  some of us are not that interested

Feel free to skip threads about Lisa R. in the future, ladyinred.  Meanwhile, I'll post what I want.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Like any one really cares ha ha

@Ms X wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@theladyinred wrote:

I guess everybody who took time and posted in this thread cares on one or other and somehow keep this thread a life , I also think that Ms. Robinson ok with this thread or without.

Esteemed Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@LipstickDiva- I am there often as well and it is funny.  There is always a look out watching for the police; once I was amidst a transaction and had to run with them to get my change so I learned always use exact amounts.  But, you see them sketching outside Prada, Fendi, Chanel at the Spanish Steps.  It is an industry in Italy, it is fun, they are earning a living and it is harmless.  Depending where you buy the knockoff, the quality can be pretty good and if you have a lot of designer bags, like LR, people assume your bag is genuine.  I don't think less of LR for carrying a knockoff...it isn't shameful. 

Actually I believe it is shameful and actually  illegal to steal intellectual property.  Why support that industry?!  With so many options out there in every price range, I never did understand those who insist on purchasing counterfeit merchandise.  If you can't afford the real deal, don't buy it!

@NJgirl 1205- I wouldn't do it here but in Italy, it is still illegal, but widely accepted.  The police do occasionally chase the vendors but know the bags are widely sold. Italian police are very tough and could shut the industry down if they chose to.    In Prada, a bag can go for $5,000 but if you wait until evening, you can purchase a real leather bag right outside their door or at a legal factory.  It is a cottage industry there.  Most are people immigrated from N Africa, they serve a purpose and are earning a living.  Tourists look for these vendors and they turn a decent profit.  If you want a Prada bag and have $5,000, you buy it.  Theses vendors are not using a Prada label or imprint but people know the designs.  A person who wants an original Prada bag will not buy a knockoff and Prada is not losing any business because they have a very select clientele.  The knockoffs are for people who can not afford Chanel, Prada, Fendi etc. or chose not to spend a tremendous amount on a bag but want a decent looking bag.  But, for the person who values the brand, the status, they will not ever buy a knockoff.  The high end designers aren't outraged re the knockoff industry but quite good hearted about it because it doesn't affect their bottom line.  I even had a friend who works for Fendi purchase a knockoff and gave it to her young niece in order to teach her how to care for a leather bag; she purchased genuine when the girl was older.  I have a mix of designer bags, use knockoffs when I don't care what happens to them, like when I volunteer at the shelter, for travel, have purchased them for US friends upon request or if they are an odd color that I may wear occasionally.  I will spend on a bag I like up to a point....I prefer D&B, Coach, Fendi or Furla....but, sometimes the knockoffs are just cute and good quality; I make the decision at that time.  I have never longed for a designer bag and purchased a knockoff instead....it's not just a matter of, if you want a designer buy one; I can and will when I wish to do so.  The knockoff business has actually cut down crime in Rome; the vendors are fluent in many languages and are quite nice.  On the other hand, I have never purchased a knockoff in the US nor would I pirate a movie or music...in Rome, you do what the Romans do...not shameful there...and GILI may not be a knockoff but what's the difference when you call it a copy.  

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

replicas yes...Lisa would do....knock offs...no

There is a difference in my mind.  She's never carry a fake LV handbag or a fake Chanel handbag.

I recall she once wore an Hermes bag and admitted that it was a fake.  Other high end items may be fakes too, who knows.

That is extremely surprising.  I never heard her say that, but I also don't go to her FB page often at all.

This was actually years ago while she was on QVC.  Glad others recall the picture from the insider in which she carried it.  Maybe she was just trying be more relatable to those on the boards and just said it was fake, who knows.  It really created a stir.  I too would never peg her to be one to wear fakes.  

NAT:  Don't you think if she had said that, she would not only have been arrested but QVC would have faced extreme litigation.  Let's not gon into neverneverland with our critique of Lisa.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@LipstickDiva- I am there often as well and it is funny.  There is always a look out watching for the police; once I was amidst a transaction and had to run with them to get my change so I learned always use exact amounts.  But, you see them sketching outside Prada, Fendi, Chanel at the Spanish Steps.  It is an industry in Italy, it is fun, they are earning a living and it is harmless.  Depending where you buy the knockoff, the quality can be pretty good and if you have a lot of designer bags, like LR, people assume your bag is genuine.  I don't think less of LR for carrying a knockoff...it isn't shameful. 

Actually I believe it is shameful and actually  illegal to steal intellectual property.  Why support that industry?!  With so many options out there in every price range, I never did understand those who insist on purchasing counterfeit merchandise.  If you can't afford the real deal, don't buy it!

@NJgirl 1205- I wouldn't do it here but in Italy, it is still illegal, but widely accepted.  The police do occasionally chase the vendors but know the bags are widely sold. Italian police are very tough and could shut the industry down if they chose to.    In Prada, a bag can go for $5,000 but if you wait until evening, you can purchase a real leather bag right outside their door or at a legal factory.  It is a cottage industry there.  Most are people immigrated from N Africa, they serve a purpose and are earning a living.  Tourists look for these vendors and they turn a decent profit.  If you want a Prada bag and have $5,000, you buy it.  Theses vendors are not using a Prada label or imprint but people know the designs.  A person who wants an original Prada bag will not buy a knockoff and Prada is not losing any business because they have a very select clientele.  The knockoffs are for people who can not afford Chanel, Prada, Fendi etc. or chose not to spend a tremendous amount on a bag but want a decent looking bag.  But, for the person who values the brand, the status, they will not ever buy a knockoff.  The high end designers aren't outraged re the knockoff industry but quite good hearted about it because it doesn't affect their bottom line.  I even had a friend who works for Fendi purchase a knockoff and gave it to her young niece in order to teach her how to care for a leather bag; she purchased genuine when the girl was older.  I have a mix of designer bags, use knockoffs when I don't care what happens to them, like when I volunteer at the shelter, for travel, have purchased them for US friends upon request or if they are an odd color that I may wear occasionally.  I will spend on a bag I like up to a point....I prefer D&B, Coach, Fendi or Furla....but, sometimes the knockoffs are just cute and good quality; I make the decision at that time.  I have never longed for a designer bag and purchased a knockoff instead....it's not just a matter of, if you want a designer buy one; I can and will when I wish to do so.  The knockoff business has actually cut down crime in Rome; the vendors are fluent in many languages and are quite nice.  On the other hand, I have never purchased a knockoff in the US nor would I pirate a movie or music...in Rome, you do what the Romans do...not shameful there...and GILI may not be a knockoff but what's the difference when you call it a copy.  

NAT:  It's a helluva lot of difference.  It's federal penetentiary difference.  No patent to sort of copy but to put an illegal label on it, is a penetentiary offense.

Esteemed Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

replicas yes...Lisa would do....knock offs...no

There is a difference in my mind.  She's never carry a fake LV handbag or a fake Chanel handbag.

I recall she once wore an Hermes bag and admitted that it was a fake.  Other high end items may be fakes too, who knows.

That is extremely surprising.  I never heard her say that, but I also don't go to her FB page often at all.

This was actually years ago while she was on QVC.  Glad others recall the picture from the insider in which she carried it.  Maybe she was just trying be more relatable to those on the boards and just said it was fake, who knows.  It really created a stir.  I too would never peg her to be one to wear fakes.  

@NJgirl 1205

Your post "I too would never peg her to be one to wear fakes." gave me a laugh out loud moment.  Let me think, fake hair extensions, fake eyelashes, fake tan, fake nails.  I think I am seeing a pattern . . .

If nothing else, Lisa has proven to be a lightning rod.  I have stated my opinion more than once.  I believe during contract negotiations Lisa demanded more than QVC was willing to pay and they politely told her not to let the door hit her in the *** on the way out.  Now you can call it a resignation or a termination, but it all boils down to the fact that she has had 15 months to hone her blah-go-zine and it still looks like a rookie site.  For those who claim there are people who make upwards of 6 figures blogging, I will bet my bank account their websites look nothing like Lisa's.  

But the fact of the matter is she is one smart cookie--purchasing samples, dining with friends, traveling across the country all in the name of business expenses.  Well done, Lisa!

Esteemed Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

NAT:  It's a helluva lot of difference.  It's federal penetentiary difference.  No patent to sort of copy but to put an illegal label on it, is a penetentiary offense.

I know it is a difference literally.....by copying a bag or adding a tassel, is not illegal and neither is buying a knockoff in Italy without  a designer label.  The knockoffs are in style not name which was the point I was making, thus not stealing intellectual property and is the same thing QVC is doing with the GILI line. 

Trusted Contributor

There is a big difference between bags that look like a designer bag and those that attempt to be passed off as the real deal and are counterfeit.  Those vendors who sell lookalikes don't run from the police as they are doing nothing wrong.  Everyone from Michael Kohrs to cheapie brands have knocked off Prada with no legal issue.  The vendors who run are selling the fake Prada that not only looks like Prada but are labeled as such.  This is a patent infringement and illegal.  BIG difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

There is a big difference between bags that look like a designer bag and those that attempt to be passed off as the real deal and are counterfeit.  Those vendors who sell lookalikes don't run from the police as they are doing nothing wrong.  Everyone from Michael Kohrs to cheapie brands have knocked off Prada with no legal issue.  The vendors who run are selling the fake Prada that not only looks like Prada but are labeled as such.  This is a patent infringement and illegal.  BIG difference.

@NJgirl 1205- some vendors run because they don't have permits or they are unknown to them.  I myself have never purchased a counterfeit bag nor saw one.  I see leather bags that look like original designs or similar with no imprints.  The vendors are not trying to pass them off as authentic and consumers know what they are purchasing.