Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa R.'s NEW Career… Yay or Nay?

@iTaliaI don't use Facebook for anything, so I'm unlikely ever to see anything Lisa as long as that's her platform  I doubt it matters because as you say in your post " women are flocking" to her.  Isn't that what counts in the end?

I've never watched a Kardashian show, but it's there and a few millions watch, same with BooDoo or DoBoo or whatever the name of that obnoxious child was, and on and on.    People manages to be the #1 magazine in the nation without my spending a cent ever on it. 

Some people will go, some won't.  Like her or not, Lisa had a huge following on the largest TV shopping channel so maybe she can transfer that allegiance to another outlet.  There's a huge world beyond QVC - and I wish her luck exploring it even though the only way I'll know about it is when she's talked about here!

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa was one of the best hosts QVC ever had, especially when measured by the $ she brought in. As another poster wrote, this honor did not translate for other hosts who left. I can't even count Mike Rowe because he was never a QVC star. Ironically, his self-described failure on QVC may have been an advantage in his later successes. Employers probably never identified with him as a QVC host.

I wish Lisa the best, but between negative views of TV shopping among many in the general population and emphasis on the celebrity of 20-somethings, Lisa may have a hard time moving beyond the blogosphere. I wish her well but it's going to be challenging. If she ever came back to QVC, I'd probably watch more than I do now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Career?  LR carefully worded this as a "first step",which made me laugh.  So her Facebook page is basically repackaged as her Vlogazine.  She took so many trips and meeting in NYC and LA . All that was not necessary for a website she already had. Yes,she has some click through contacts. Yes,she has her adoring "tribe".  I don't think she had mAny other options or ,believe you me, she would not be on a  blog. I, like Shaggygirl, am fascinated by her tribe followers and their adoration of every move she makes. Gotta give it to LR, she is great at locking down the fan base. The trick is to make it grow.  That is the hard part.

(I checked out her Grammy Chat. It was not good)

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I'm one who checks out her facebook page a couple of times a week but not because I care what she's doing but because I can't stop being amazed and entertained at the idol worship she receives from her tribe of fans. I just can't get over how every move she makes it's like they think she walked on water. Maybe there's something wrong with me that I find it so fascinating to read the worship and praise but I just can't get over it and keep getting drawn back to it. In any case I never disliked her and wish her well.

I find it fascinating too!

And the roasted cauliflower pictures? Are they vlogazine worthy?

Valued Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

Career?  LR carefully worded this as a "first step",which made me laugh.  So her Facebook page is basically repackaged as her Vlogazine.  She took so many trips and meeting in NYC and LA . All that was not necessary for a website she already had. Yes,she has some click through contacts. Yes,she has her adoring "tribe".  I don't think she had mAny other options or ,believe you me, she would not be on a  blog. I, like Karnerblue, am fascinated by her tribe followers and their adoration of every move she makes. Gotta give it to LR, she is great at locking down the fan base. The trick is to make it grow.  That is the hard part.

(I checked out her Grammy Chat. It was not good)

I agree 100%. That is an appropriate word for her followers, her " tribe ". She uses her looks, locks in the dollar amount and she is on her way. First class seats I am sure.

Honored Contributor

I really think the hosts who leave the Q have an inflated view of their popularity in real life.  The fact is, unless you watch the Q, the vast majority of people have no idea who these people are.  Showing up once in a while on "regular" tv as a "fashion expert" -- and I use that term loosely-- or to discuss stalkers, is not something that is memorable enough (or interesting enough) to attract fans.  Not to mention that entering the tv business when you're pushing 50 is no easy feat.

Unfortunately, she has received a reality check.

Respected Contributor

Maybe she doesn't want a career.  Maybe she wants something little.  You are all assuming she wants this and that.  Maybe she doesn't.  Maybe she wants a little bit of a life...Her freedom to do what she wants.  Why would she want to go back to the Q?  Beg for her old job back?  For what?  I think there are alot of assumptions being made here. I think she's doing exactly what she wants to do, maybe there will be more, maybe not.  She's doing fine.

Respected Contributor

Lisa Robertson is a classy lady. I wish her much success.

It certainly seems that she made an impression at QVC. Whether you like her or not, she was a super salesperson for QVC. She is educated, modulated and has a self-effacing sense of humor. She knew her stuff!

I have always maintained that no one has come close to filling those stilettos!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

As I have said previously possibly she just wants a change.  She spent 25 years at QVC. It was a mutually profitable venture.  Now she wants to be an entrpreneur and be her own boss.  She was on TV all of the time.  Lisa R probably wants more of a life. Lisa, at QVC, was great at her job.  I wish her well!

Honored Contributor

I say good for her - trying to capitalize on her fan base.  Why not?  It's the American way.  I have no problem with her incorporating previous FB content - it gets her new endeavor off to a running start.  Going forward, I expect her public FB page will go away and new content will appear only on the vlogazine (hope i spelled that right).