@Justice4all wrote:

Me-ow

Ridiculous. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa R.'s NEW Career… Yay or Nay?

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

@Adelm wrote:

I wish her well but it was probably a bad move leaving QVC.  I read she made at least $500k a year (if not close to a million!) and realistically it's going to be difficult for her to find another gig that will consistently pay her that year in and year out for batting her eyelashes and calling a product "Amazing."  

@Adelm- and she probably is well invested.  The fact that she has not worked in over a year, leads me to believe she may have had some type of financial settlement with QVC in addition.   I am not saying she was forced out but terms of a contract, her years of service as a good employee....no one knows the terms of her departure or compensation because that is highly confidential and you sign a legal agreement that you will not divulge those terms to anyone nor communicate negatively about the Company.  Lisa has been quite silent about QVC and has done quite well financially and is probably glad she doesn't have to stand in front of a camera selling and smiling but most of all being under constant scrutiny and experiencing negative and nasty comments every day.  She has a lovely home and I am not quite sure what her business is or will be or how successful and interesting it will be to me.  But, I don't think she has to work at all only if she chooses to do so....that is a luxury afforded to few. 

LR appeared to be very competitive and ambitious. I highly doubt she ever intended to "retire" at 50. I believe she loved being in front of the camera, and aside from a home shopping channel, she won't have that opportunity. No matter how "well-financed" LR is, I believe she misses that 500,000. or more annually after a year and would not be happy to cut back on her life style. It's not who she is.... 

Obviously no one has offered her anything of significance. Like others who have gone into the jewelry line and struggled with it, I think this endeavor is not going to be anywhere near as lucrative as $500,000. annually. 

Esteemed Contributor

@a pink lemon wrote:

I so agree.  Why spend time bashing someone and what they are doing when you don't agree with it.

The thread was brought to the board obviously for opinions since this is a fashion opinion board. Well, you've got many differing opinions. What did you expect?

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Color me crazy but what if she got a huge settlement from an employer, a vendor, for something we do not know of.  Even if there was a human resources disageement, a good lawyer could have gotten her a nice little termination package.  But then what if it was something even bigger.  Intersanctum stuff.  Only the Shadow knows.

There is no way she got a nice termination package unless she was forced out.  From what my "source" told me...no one-at the time knew why she was leaving--but she was not forced out.

Many companies will offer a termination package to their Senior employees who are making maximum salaries. The employee does good work, but the company can find many many newbies who can do a good job at beginners salaries. It is no longer worth it to employ the other. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Adelm wrote:

I wish her well but it was probably a bad move leaving QVC.  I read she made at least $500k a year (if not close to a million!) and realistically it's going to be difficult for her to find another gig that will consistently pay her that year in and year out for batting her eyelashes and calling a product "Amazing."  

@Adelm- and she probably is well invested.  The fact that she has not worked in over a year, leads me to believe she may have had some type of financial settlement with QVC in addition.   I am not saying she was forced out but terms of a contract, her years of service as a good employee....no one knows the terms of her departure or compensation because that is highly confidential and you sign a legal agreement that you will not divulge those terms to anyone nor communicate negatively about the Company.  Lisa has been quite silent about QVC and has done quite well financially and is probably glad she doesn't have to stand in front of a camera selling and smiling but most of all being under constant scrutiny and experiencing negative and nasty comments every day.  She has a lovely home and I am not quite sure what her business is or will be or how successful and interesting it will be to me.  But, I don't think she has to work at all only if she chooses to do so....that is a luxury afforded to few. 

LR appeared to be very competitive and ambitious. I highly doubt she ever intended to "retire" at 50. I believe she loved being in front of the camera, and aside from a home shopping channel, she won't have that opportunity. No matter how "well-financed" LR is, I believe she misses that 50,000. or more annually after a year and would not be happy to cut back on her life style. It's not who she is.... 

Obviously no one has offered her anything of anything significance. Like others who have gone into the jewelry line and struggled with it, I think this endeavor is going to be anywhere near as lucrative as $50,000. annually. 

Did you mean 5000,00? I am sure that Lisa made an excellent salary with QVC...

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Adelm wrote:

LR appeared to be very competitive and ambitious. I highly doubt she ever intended to "retire" at 50. I believe she loved being in front of the camera, and aside from a home shopping channel, she won't have that opportunity. No matter how "well-financed" LR is, I believe she misses that 50,000. or more annually after a year and would not be happy to cut back on her life style. It's not who she is.... 

Obviously no one has offered her anything of anything significance. Like others who have gone into the jewelry line and struggled with it, I think this endeavor is going to be anywhere near as lucrative as $50,000. annually. 

Did you mean 5000,00? I am sure that Lisa made an excellent salary with QVC...

Thanks, @CANDLEQUEEN. I changed it. 8)

Respected Contributor

What does it mean for a sales person to have a fan base? What can Lisa share that would make people want to follow? Other than when she first left QVC, I have never even wondered what she was doing. I guess I never saw past her presenting products on QVC. Strange the importance some of us put on people, while the rest of us give little thought to it. I tune into QVC for shopping. That's it. Same when I visit ANY retailer.
Trusted Contributor

I was a huge fan of Lisa's.  I found her funny, amusing and smart.

I don't feel the same way about the newer hosts.  I feel she could have had a conversation about other things as well.  To be honest, the newer hosts make me cringe with their communication skills, vocabulary, and in some cases their voices.

I can't imagine Lisa being "forced out".  She had a huge following.

Whatever she does, I wish her well.  The new GILI rep is in no way her calibre.  I don't care if she appears on Today as a fashion maven.

Regarding her financial situation--if she made wise investments, she can easily live very nicely and not have to work again.

Valued Contributor

If Lisa had a man in her life, she would be plastering it all over FACEBOOK......................like she did with the last one.

Super Contributor

when Lisa said she still wanted to work ( not retired), I thought hmmm,what skills do you have girl?   Sales, ...?   50 years old and starting over?? Good luck with that. Could maybe have gone into TVnews if younger.. The best thing would have been to become a host on the other channels.  That's her skills and experience. Her sales experience could have crossed over to other fields but her age held her back & the salary wouldn't have been the same. Tough one for Lisa.