Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa R.'s NEW Career… Yay or Nay?

@Stray wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Color me crazy but what if she got a huge settlement from an employer, a vendor, for something we do not know of.  Even if there was a human resources disageement, a good lawyer could have gotten her a nice little termination package.  But then what if it was something even bigger.  Intersanctum stuff.  Only the Shadow knows.

There is no way she got a nice termination package unless she was forced out.  From what my "source" told me...no one-at the time knew why she was leaving--but she was not forced out.

Many companies will offer a termination package to their Senior employees who are making maximum salaries. The employee does good work, but the company can find many many newbies who can do a good job at beginners salaries. It is no longer worth it to employ the other. 

@febe1- you are correct.  I worked in HR of a large firm.  Often, high producers and a Company agree to part ways and a very lucrative severance is given.  Lisa, I believe was a good employee and she may have gotten one.  Since, it's highly confidential and QVC could rescind the package if terms are divulged, no one would know, no matter how connected they feel may be.  That type of agreement is handled at an executive level. 

Very true.  I have a friend who CHOSE not to relocate when the division of the company he worked for was relocating to another state.  He received $2M.  

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@Adelm wrote:

Lisa was a big fish in a little pond and, like all big fish in little ponds, she overrated herself.   Although QVC is a major home shopping channel, in the world of broadcasting it's not a big player.   Once a big fish leaves the pond for larger waters, they usually get a cruel awakening.  At QVC she got used to being thought of as fabulous.   She likely had people telling her that everyday, people who also cut her a paycheck.  Now, she still has her fans but "likes" on Facebook don't pay the bills.  

She's going to need an income.  The lifestyle to which she's grown accustomed takes a lot of money to sustain.  There's a lot of competition out there.  It's not going to be easy for her.

She should have never left.  

It surprises me to read posts that make assumptions about Lisa's (or anyone's) goals, desires and financial status.  Maybe she doesn't need an income.  Maybe she's quite happy to have time and money that allow her to travel and spend time with family and friends. Her FB posts do suggest she will offer a jewelry line sometime, but maybe she's doing it for fun.  Just maybe she's very happy with her life just as it is.  Those who are not close personal friends with Lisa have no knowledge of her goals or financial status.  

Claims about what she needs or wants is unwarranted speculation.  IMO, of course.

Personally, I would be very happy to be in Lisa's situation, able to do what I wanted when I wanted to do it.  Maybe she feels the same.  

I think MAYBE you have made an assumption. 😊

Trusted Contributor

Neither yay or nay.  I'm puzzled by people's hate and disgust toward her, just as I'm puzzled by the fascination with her.  Whatever she chooses to do, I hope she's enjoing it.  As long as she's happy with it, what does it matter to anyone else?