Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa R.'s NEW Career… Yay or Nay?

Referring to this blog as her new career is kind of a stretch.

Valued Contributor

I too thought her new endeavor would be more exciting and would involve a clothing line or home decorating. Her bio on her new site mentions her pageant title. Seriously, she is 50 yrs old and that is such yesterday's news. She also mentions she was the creator and designer of the GILI line on QVC. I wonder if she gets any compensation for creating the line? She lists " actress " in her resume and she was cast as " head cheerleader " in a movie I never heard of.

Just surprised that she flies out to LA and has so many friends who are designers etc. and this video-blog is the end result. Maybe something more exciting will be announced within the next few months. At any rate, I hope she is happy in her new pursuit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unless she has something more grandiose than what we've seen, I think she needs to go back to QVC  on bended knee and beg for her job back, if they'll have her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think Lisa is too smart to make many wrong turns-if any. I'm sure she's been researching avenues and speaking with people, plus she has quite a few influential contacts.

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

I definitely think this is NOT what LR had planned since leaving QVC! No way was this Plan A! So much hype and "THIS IS IT" was my initial reaction when I read about what she's doing now. I honestly don't understand what it's all about. 

So many of her followers on her FB page are ecstatic about Lisa's new career and are congratulating her left and right. Again, I'm totally baffled at what there is to be congratulating her on. Fill me in, enlighten me please.

Furthermore, most if not all, that's on her "Vlogazine" (such a silly name) is already on her FB page. And what makes Lisa an expert in these areas that people are going to go to this new website to check things out??I truly wonder what she thinks this is leading to? 

It does make me laugh when she hosts video chats for the Grammy's, Emmy's, Oscars etc..... Is this just so her fans can still see her? Who cares what her or her QVC guest think of what celebrities are wearing. 

Lisa's FB has been a bore whenever I've checked in on it. It's either sunrises & sunsets, food pics or selfies with who she's hanging out with for the day. But people are still flocking and continuing to comment like what she posts is so great so maybe it's just me who thinks her page has become a waste of time. 

All Lisa's pics she posts of herself are so obviously touched up with an app and yet people still ask how she gets such flawless skin. Cracks me up how some women are so in awe. 

@iTalia ..... I totally agree with everything you said ....  if this is what she left QVC for then she is going to be greatly disapointed .... I really can't figure out what she is trying to do???? .... Can she make a living doing this? & who pays her to do it? .... she is NOT a famous person that is in the public eye ... the only people who know who she is are the people who watch or work for QVC!! .... this is so sad it's actually laughable ... hopefully for her own sake she has a plan "B"

Esteemed Contributor

I'm one who checks out her facebook page a couple of times a week but not because I care what she's doing but because I can't stop being amazed and entertained at the idol worship she receives from her tribe of fans. I just can't get over how every move she makes it's like they think she walked on water. Maybe there's something wrong with me that I find it so fascinating to read the worship and praise but I just can't get over it and keep getting drawn back to it. In any case I never disliked her and wish her well.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe this is just to get her foot in the door for something else.....or to rub shoulders with someone who can..........

Honored Contributor

I just don't get the fascination with her.

Honored Contributor

I wish her the best.  I'm beyond underwhelmed though.  I went to her site one time, and that's it thus far.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Look, Lisa fully expected her adoring fans be strong enough to demand the Q bring back their Queen to the Q. Alas and alack, Lisa has learned what many learn the hard way, and that is you were replaceable to the delight of Shawn K for probably way less money and drama. Everything moves on, while the Queen of the Q creates a web site.