Valued Contributor

Lisa R.'s NEW Career… Yay or Nay?

I definitely think this is NOT what LR had planned since leaving QVC! No way was this Plan A! So much hype and "THIS IS IT" was my initial reaction when I read about what she's doing now. I honestly don't understand what it's all about. 

So many of her followers on her FB page are ecstatic about Lisa's new career and are congratulating her left and right. Again, I'm totally baffled at what there is to be congratulating her on. Fill me in, enlighten me please.

Furthermore, most if not all, that's on her "Vlogazine" (such a silly name) is already on her FB page. And what makes Lisa an expert in these areas that people are going to go to this new website to check things out??I truly wonder what she thinks this is leading to? 

It does make me laugh when she hosts video chats for the Grammy's, Emmy's, Oscars etc..... Is this just so her fans can still see her? Who cares what her or her QVC guest think of what celebrities are wearing. 

Lisa's FB has been a bore whenever I've checked in on it. It's either sunrises & sunsets, food pics or selfies with who she's hanging out with for the day. But people are still flocking and continuing to comment like what she posts is so great so maybe it's just me who thinks her page has become a waste of time. 

All Lisa's pics she posts of herself are so obviously touched up with an app and yet people still ask how she gets such flawless skin. Cracks me up how some women are so in awe. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa R.'s NEW Career… Yay or Nay?

Could be leading to something else.  Could be she is bored.   Honestly I wish her luck but very few if any of the hosts who have left the Q have retained the spotlight for long.  Michael Rowe was the exception (as I recall).  Might still have his own program on cable or not.  I never watched, just saw the commercials.  

Honored Contributor

I have to admit that I don't get it either but so many people do.I don't know if I am just hard to please or if it is just that some think of her as a celeb so whatever she does is noteworthy.i was really hoping for something fabulous in a new clothing line or home decor but not just the day to day stuff of her life.still hopeful that better things are coming and she just wasn't ready yet.

Respected Contributor

It seems like a semi-retirement to me--unless there is something I don't get.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

A nay from me.  Not interested in what she writes about. I don't see her as a "expert" on any if this.  

And listening to someone commenting on the same TV show that I'm watching is ridiculous. I don't need someone telling me what I'm seeing.  

I understand that she is trying to stay relevant and create a career, but I don't think a few QVC fans can sustain that.

I hope she has a Plan B

Esteemed Contributor

Good for Lisa R. if she wants to jump into the social media blog pool! It's pretty crowded in there though!

Regular Contributor

Yay for me

Staring a website is the first thing people do and isn't her new career. Its's the first step or many. And now that she isn't under the non-compete and has the freedom to do what she wants to do, she can move on to the step.

Some excepted Lisa to announce what she is going to be doing the second her non-compete expired. And do not understand how things work in the business field she is in. It doesn't work that way. There where things she wasn't able to do and now can do.

Respected Contributor

Career????  (scratching head)

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Frequent Contributor

It is only QVC people who know who she is anyone who joins now does not know who LR is. The poor lady  is trying her hardest to be known.  If you notice all she has on her FB are vendor s she knows from the Q. She has receipies that anyone can find on the internet nothing she post is original . Go to Google like she does. All her tribe support s her. If this is her new job I wish her the best.To me it shows she can't do nothing else.she should have stayed on the Q if they did not get rid of her.

Respected Contributor

whatever floats her boat is fine with me.  i wish her the best!