Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa R. is looking to sell stuffed animals!

Great post Namealreadytake, you have said it all and said it truth full. Nit pick,nit pick that is all some do on here. Tell me just who in the world would want to sit around with a cast up their leg? Especially someone who is as active as Albany.

Honored Contributor

I might post a pic like that to share with close family members..but not with everyone in my Facebook circle.

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

Great post Namealreadytake, you have said it all and said it truth full. Nit pick,nit pick that is all some do on here. Tell me just who in the world would want to sit around with a cast up their leg? Especially someone who is as active as Albany.

You know I enjoy all the hosts but these constant attacks on the posters here who don't agree with us are actually just as bad. Why can't we all just agree to disagree and accept that in life people have different opinions.

Honored Contributor

yeah..I have to agree that attacks on other posters...I have seen too many of these.

Most of the hosts (or ex hosts) aren't reading this board every day. (and if they are....they're in the public eye, and some of what is said is constructive criticism)   But the people who post here....can we lighten up on them???

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@cotto22 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

'looking to sell'?  Okay Minnie Pearl.Woman LOL

Why, oh why, do some people have to pick apart a post like this? There are speech idioms everywhere, many are regional and are perfectly acceptable. This bulletin board is not exactly the Harvard Review!

Eh, sorry, but I'm not going to be polite to someone who posts an ignorant rant about Lisa or any of the other hosts.

If this thread was about anything else, I would've held back, but nope, not here.

Being from the south,and a small town, I heard the phrase "lookin' to" and "fixin' to" and have said it many times. It  is just a southern phrase.  So if LR is actually looking for a way to sell some stuffed animals, jewelry, or tanner,or anything, she is "looking to sell". It may not be so grammatically correct,but in the south it is common,and charming.  It is like "looking for trouble"; which is usually what anyone gets if they post anything but a Valentine to LR. 

Honored Contributor

I think Lisa knows the industry well enough that she'll pick up the pace once she really gets started. Lisa is smart and resourceful.

There's no telling how much red tape is involved.  

Respected Contributor

I really think the exclamation point at the end of this thread's title should be a question mark.

IMO, it's terrible news.

Honored Contributor

Back to the subject at hand, I wonder about the packaging and shipping costs for enormous stuffed animals.  Not to mention warehousing costs.  Oh well, I'm sure all that has been well thought out

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I follow her FB page, I find here interesting and well I find some of the posters even more so, aka hanging on every word. Back to my point, where does it say she is going to sell the bears.

I think some one took 2 and 2 and got 22

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

What a sad picture indeed.  It wreaks of desperation.  Some are in such admiration of her, thinking she has it all, house, fashion, previous success as a home shopping saleswoman, but in reality she is a lonely woman.  It's so obvious.  I think she thought she would make it big without QVC, but in reality she was popular in that realm only.  I bet she regrets her decision to leave.  Having her facebook page and other online pages and her followers feeds into the attention she received when she was a host.  I cannot imagine posting my every move on social media for others to comment.  So weird.  So needy.