Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Mason's Request for Prayers

May the Lord hold both Lisa and Gina in the protective loving palms of his healing hands and heal them, and may I also include my many daily prayers for their hopeful recovery to good health.

God Bless you both dear Lisa and Gino.

Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Oneanddone said:
On 8/9/2014 ChillyTulip said:

What is the point of posting such a vague remark? To make people talk and speculate? Either tell everyone what the issue is or don't post anything.

Easier said than done.

In 2006 I filed for divorce from my husband of 20 years. I don't like cheaters.

Seven months later, my whole family died and I was left alone at 46 years old.

Confused and in shock, I would go to my church in tears and just ask the priest "Could you just please pray for me?????"

That's all I could say.

He would say "Of course I will."

Then I would turn and hurriedly walk away leaving him with no explanation.

You would be surprised what shock, trauma and grief can do to you.

Sometimes you can't state the issue or issues.

You just ask someone to pray for you, and that's all you can do at the time.

Trust me on this. I've lived it, and I know.

This makes so much sense. Maybe it is just too much to say...it will break one into small pieces and of which one may never recover again. What a thoughtful post.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

On 8/9/2014 croemer said:
On 8/9/2014 Oneanddone said:
On 8/9/2014 ChillyTulip said:

What is the point of posting such a vague remark? To make people talk and speculate? Either tell everyone what the issue is or don't post anything.

Easier said than done.

In 2006 I filed for divorce from my husband of 20 years. I don't like cheaters.

Seven months later, my whole family died and I was left alone at 46 years old.

Confused and in shock, I would go to my church in tears and just ask the priest "Could you just please pray for me?????"

That's all I could say.

He would say "Of course I will."

Then I would turn and hurriedly walk away leaving him with no explanation.

You would be surprised what shock, trauma and grief can do to you.

Sometimes you can't state the issue or issues.

You just ask someone to pray for you, and that's all you can do at the time.

Trust me on this. I've lived it, and I know.

This makes so much sense. Maybe it is just too much to say...it will break one into small pieces and of which one may never recover again. What a thoughtful post.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

It is one thing to privately share with Friends and Family but to post something so vague one can only imagine. I was diagnosed with an incurable lung disease, while I was also going through a Jerry Springer style divorce. I shared with just Family and Friends - and only those individuals because I thought they could handle the news. Instead some of them went bananas. I can understand the need for Prayers.

Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 TRUE said:

Something just doesn't sit well with me about this note. Why would she even mention QVC.... and it sounds like someone else wrote it imo. I hope it isn't true.

I don't know. I do have to admit finding it curious though that after quite a period of not updating her FB page, this post shows up. You have to wonder why she would go public with this after not having posted anything since December, or so it appears.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Dear Lisa/Gino, I'm so saddened to hear this news. Sending prayers to both of you.

Respected Contributor

Wow, reading this thread is so disheartening.

Bottom line here is if you believe in the power of prayer, PRAY. Prayer never hurts and if this turns out to be that her page was hacked, so be it.

If you doubt the post, or have issues with how the request was made, then don't pray for her and her hubby. Tearing her apart and/or trashing her for reaching out under the current circumstances is beyond unconciounable IMHO.

I will be praying for them.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/9/2014 PuppyBreath said:

I think her message is unclear. I am left not sure which one has the cancer. I understand they are fighting it together. My husband and I did the same. So, I am curious which one it is.

I'm sure she said exactly what she wanted to say and made public exactly what she wants us to know.

IMO more details are not necessary. I'm sure she was deliberately unclear, and that's entirely appropriate. They're going through a tough time and are asking for prayers. It's as simple as that, and I think we can support her best by honoring her request for prayers and not prying any further.

Kiss

Trusted Contributor

On 8/9/2014 stevieb said:
On 8/9/2014 TRUE said:

Something just doesn't sit well with me about this note. Why would she even mention QVC.... and it sounds like someone else wrote it imo. I hope it isn't true.

I don't know. I do have to admit finding it curious though that after quite a period of not updating her FB page, this post shows up. You have to wonder why she would go public with this after not having posted anything since December, or so it appears.

I'm not surprised Stevie.

When you're in shock and grief and in need of help and prayers, you reach out.

I remember being on a plane coming back from a court hearing with my now ex husband.

The lady sitting next to me was so nice and we got into a conversation.

Usually on a plane with me it's fire up the music in my ears and that's it.

So I did that for awhile, took the ear phones off and we began a conversation.

It was a long flight, and our conversation led to my divorce and loss of my family.

I asked her to pray for me.

That's all I asked.

Mostly, because in the stage of multiple grief, or any deep grief, it is SO HARD to pray for yourself.

You're lost, you're confused, you're in pain, your world as you knew it is gone, you're scared to death and when you can stop crying, you reach out.

Sometimes you don't think your own prayers are enough, so you ask for help.

I did that.

It took a long time, but I got back on track.

It was a struggle to say the least.

I know the people that were praying for me helped me get back on track.

I will always love them and be grateful to them for doing that and I pray for them as well.

I reached out to people I hadn't been in touch with for awhile.

I asked them to pray for me.

I needed it. I was sinking, and fast.

They were more than willing and we still keep in touch.

I think Lisa is reaching out for prayers, just like I did and still do, and she and Gino have mine for them.

Super Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Hooty said:

So sad to hear this, thinking of them both and sending prayers!

Me, too. (If you're reading this, feel the love, Lisa.)

Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 stevieb said:
On 8/9/2014 TRUE said:

You'd think someone would stop this thread if it isn't true. Apparently, Lisa doesn't go on her FB page very often so she might not see it if it is a hack job. I don't know anymore than anyone else so just speculation. It doesn't hurt to pray for them as most of us need prayers all the time, at least I do.