Frequent Contributor

I buy mostly Isaac and D&C clothing from QVC.  There are so many pretty looking tops from Susan Graver but I have to admit I am reluctant to order any due to the liquid knot material.

I am plus sized and I hate anything that clings.  Liquid knit is described and poly and spandex and it seems to me that would not breathe and cling horribly.  The only reason I ask is because it does seem so popular, I was wondering if any plus sized ladies could give me their opinion on the material and fit of SG tops?

Honored Contributor

I have worn liquid knit as well as other similar poly knit fabrics for years.  I find them to be light and airy and not at all hot.  Very comfortable.  I find Susan's clothing to be generously sized but not very stretchy.  The fabric is heavy in weight for it's volume and tends to drop straight from the shoulder.  I dont care for the fit of her pants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@sullw wrote:

I buy mostly Isaac and D&C clothing from QVC.  There are so many pretty looking tops from Susan Graver but I have to admit I am reluctant to order any due to the liquid knot material.

I am plus sized and I hate anything that clings.  Liquid knit is described and poly and spandex and it seems to me that would not breathe and cling horribly.  The only reason I ask is because it does seem so popular, I was wondering if any plus sized ladies could give me their opinion on the material and fit of SG tops?

After reading your post, I would advise you stay far away from all liquid knit.  It's as hot as the hinges of Hades, and it doesn't breathe.  Watch the models very closely, you'll notice they are always pulling their tops down, and away from themselves, especially the models above size small.  Go to you local Walmart and try on one of their polyester tops, it's the exact same stuff.  She may call it liquid knit, but there's nothing special about it.  It's just cheap, nasty polyester.

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now-

I'm wondering, have you ever tried her liquid knit?

Unless its changed drastically in the last few years, I don't find it to be hot at all. And I am hot all the time.

Its very cool and does not cling. It kind of slides over the body.

This is not at all the same fabric as the polyester with spandex sold in Walmart. 

I know because I have those too and yes they are hot, don't breathe and do cling and show everything.

They do have pretty colors and are good for cooler weather I think.

@sullw-

The only thing I don't like are the prices on Susan's things now. They have gone up really high. But there are a lot of clearance,"as is", and lunchtime specials to check out too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Lila4Now-

I'm wondering, have you ever tried her liquid knit?

Unless its changed drastically in the last few years, I don't find it to be hot at all. And I am hot all the time.

Its very cool and does not cling. It kind of slides over the body.

This is not at all the same fabric as the polyester with spandex sold in Walmart. 

I know because I have those too and yes they are hot, don't breathe and do cling and show everything.

They do have pretty colors and are good for cooler weather I think.

@sullw-

The only thing I don't like are the prices on Susan's things now. They have gone up really high. But there are a lot of clearance,"as is", and lunchtime specials to check out too.

I tried it once years ago.  Nasty awful stuff.  It is the exact same as the polyester Walmart sells, there is absolutely nothing special about it.  The only difference is Walmart doesn't use the gaudy prints she does.

Respected Contributor

I have to agree that Susan's liquid knit is nothing special. I wouldn't  call it "nasty", but it IS plain poly. I have many SG tops in liquid knit, & I have 3 tops from Cato's-exact same poly. Susan's clothing has become completely unreasonable in price. I can no longer afford $50-$75. for a top.

Honored Contributor

I love SG's liquid knit.  Wish all the tops in my closet were liquid knit.  I've never found it to be hot.  It's lovely to look at, always fits me well, colors don't fade, and it's the easiest care fabric ever!  Love liquid knit!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I have many SG liquid knit tops and jackets.  They are not clingy or hot and believe me I'm going through the beginning stages of menopause now and don't need any help in the hot department!!!  I'm also a plus size woman and usually find her styles generous for my size.  The big plus with this fabric is you can wash it 100 times and it still looks the exact same as the day you bought it and it does not wrinkle easy.  I wash and dry them in the dryer all the time and never dissapointed.  I don't find the fabric to be like any item you can purchase at Walmart.  I have received numerous compliments from co-workers on items that I have worn.

Honored Contributor

I'm NOT a plus size ... but a good word for Liquid Knit.  (I can't comment on Walmart comparison because I haven't shopped there.)

I own/wear a lot of it (and a lot of poly in general).  It's fantastic for layering because nothing clings to it and it doesn't cling to me.  

It's fantastic for hot weather - it doesn't get soggy, it doesn't wrinkle.

Easy to wash - dries in no time - never fades - never shrinks.   

Honored Contributor

I have had many liquid knit tops from SG and it does not cling and I did not consider it hot.  I really like it.  I would suggest you order one and try it.  Her clothes are very well made and dont fade and last a long time.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)