Respected Contributor

Just watching SG show and she said liquid knit is the #1 fiber on Q - how does this material work in 80 degree heat?  Temps run high here in AZ. Would it work.

Any answers gratefully received.

Esteemed Contributor

I think liquid knit is fine in the summer (I live in Tennessee). I, however, wouldn't wear it out jogging  in the summer.....it's great for work clothes; any season.

Respected Contributor

I wear liquid knit in very hot weather. SG liquid knit pieces with short sleeves tends to be a little thinner than other liquid knit pieces. I know many people on these boards do not care for it, but I like it. It hold up very well. 

Honored Contributor

I live in Hawaii so it's 85 & sunny year round. I adore liquid knit! It wears quite well in the heat.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I wore it for seven summers in West Texas and did fine in it.  No hotter or cooler than any other fabric.  Some people have personal "summers" and blame liquid knit.  I tend to believe there's another problem. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Liquid Knit - depends on how the polyester is woven to be able to call it liquid knit. 

Often times (with all imports), there are quotas.  So when an importer has filled the quotas on polyester, they have to re-name it to bring it in.  Simple.  It's all just polyester. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

I have problems with my liquid knit. It pills and gets dull in areas.  All different weights.  It is the fiber breaking down.  It is a little warm on warm days in California, also.  The George Simonton tops in similar knit fabric to Graver HAS NOT PILLED, so it is not something odd I am doing.

Respected Contributor

I have 6 drawers full of liquid knit tops in addition to hanging cardigans and pants. Really like the liquid knit pants and capris.  They are of a heavier weight than what is used in the tops.  None of my liquid knit has shrunk, faded or pilled.  I do not find it to be hot at all.  It is a much better grade of polyester that I see out in the B&M stores.  Feels good and holds the color when washed.  I can recommend it.  Some of my pieces are 10 or more years old and look new.

Honored Contributor

I wear it in hot sticky NYC summers.  It doesn't get soggy like cotton does ... looks fresh all day .... and I find it very comfortable.

Honored Contributor

I have quite a bit of liquid knit and none has ever pilled.  It looks like new after years of wear.  Packs beautifully for travel. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment