Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

All I know is I LOVE liquid knit!!!!!!  I was on a mini-vacation recently, and the only tops I took were liquid knit  They pack so beautifully!!!!  Never a wrinkle when I got to my destination.  And still know wrinkles on my return! Despite all the time those tops spent in a suitcase!!!!!  I don't find liquid knit overly warm at all.  Haven't tried Slinky brand.

I agree with you ... I don't find them to be too warm.

I shortened the sleeves on all my LK 3/4 sleeve  tops and have been wearing them all summer as t-shirts..  They are really comfortable in the hot weather ... and I'm frequently asked where I got the shirts.  They stay "fresh" looking even on the most humid days. 

Honored Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

Haven't tried SG's, but Slinky no longer has acetate in the fabric.  It is a poly/spandex blend, lightweight, wrinkle free and fits me perfectly.  And unlike SG, Slinky often goes on sale and IMO $$20-$30 is the right price point for this type of fabric not the $40+ SG charges.

I have not tried Slinky but I do have one Susan Graver dress.  I have only worn it once.  It feels heavy to me.  I like lighter material.  This was over 5 years ago.  Her material may be a little different now. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

They are different fibers.  Slinky is like Chico's Travelers ... acetate/spandex with a sort of ottoman rib texture and slight sheen.  Liquid knit is poly/spandex mix with a smooth texture.

Good descriptions & comparison! 

I really like Slinky & CT and own many things in those fabrics. I've only owned one top in Liquid Knit. It was lighter weight than either Slinky or CT. I think Liquid Knit might come in different weights but I am not sure.