Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Where is the letter? I did not see it.  

@bonnielu  Google Louis Dell'Ollio Blog.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I notice 718 pages of sharing designs and suggestions on his blog.  What other designer can come close to matching that?  I would have thought QVC would have kept Louis just for the prestige of having him.  Not much prestige in Muk Luks and Cuddl Duds, lines that are found in mass merchants, including home improvement stores.  

Good point. True.

Respected Contributor

A very insightful and heartfelt message. QVC is into shifting massive amounts of generic fashion and apparently Linea is not the profit maker QVC demands. I’m just rambling here about my thoughts on fashion.

It’s interesting to me that Americans are not dressing up for much of anything anymore despite there being a continuing interest in fashion (as can be seen here and in social media, magazines, and entertainment sites); yet this interest doesn’t seem to be translating to sales—the elastic waistband and tunic top seem to be the top sellers, even before Covid.

I doubt young adults have the resources, or perhaps even the desire, to put their money into dressy fashion. I think that has hurt the design lines like Linea. When the workplace shifted to business casual my goal was to still be pulled together and polished—to look classy when dressed casually. Maybe I am a dinosaur.

Honored Contributor

His tenure at QVC may have been a victim of Covid. With less dressy occasions and so many working from home, sales could have dropped. If that is the case, QVC took a short sighted approach. As I looked at that baggy overpriced TSV today, I shook my head and wondered if that is what the consumer really wants.

Respected Contributor

Why can't he go to HSN?

Respected Contributor

Most of the clothing on QVC is complete junk and looks cheap. NOT Linea. QVC has always lacked respect for Louis and I don't understand it! His line has the highest reviews.  He was always given the worst time slots. I don't like much of what QVC is doing! 

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Where is the letter? I did not see it.  

@bonnielu  It's on his personal website - louisdellolio dot com.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Why can't he go to HSN?

@stellabystarlight 

HSN is owned by the same conglomorate as QVC.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Why can't he go to HSN?

@stellabystarlight 

HSN is owned by the same conglomorate as QVC.

I don't think he would want to move that far as he has a home that he & Jac loved. Also like the above comment same conglomorate as QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I see Bob Mackie as the next one to go.....

I don't think his line sells well anymore....

I'll miss him too..