Occasional Contributor

The end of the year means the end of Linea.  Have you read Louis's letter????

Respected Contributor

@Vitfran -- This has been discussed under My Favorite Brand.  It is quite upsetting that such a prolific and important clothing designer is being let go, and many of us are hoping for a last minute change of decision by QVC.  

I just ordered everything I wanted from his line, to ensure I would be able to order the items in my size.  It is just sad.

Honored Contributor

I just did.  What a great letter!  He rightly refers to the "golden age" of QVC which is long past.  He was part of that age along with other bona fide designers that are no longer there.  QVC's loss and it's too bad there isn't room for talented, creative and ethical people as LDO obviously is.

Honored Contributor

@Vitfran wrote:

The end of the year means the end of Linea.  Have you read Louis's letter????

It is the end of an era. Linea clothing fit me like it was tailored for me. I tried on a beautiful coat from ten years ago and it was what I call my "compliment" coat. Louis spared no detail and anytime I wore any of his designs, I felt wonderful.

QVC is a shadow of itself. Gone are the days when elegance meant anything and now QVC refects that.

I hope Louis reads the forums and knows how much many of us will miss him. He provided us with beautiful clothing and put his heart into his designs. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I'm hoping he finds another way to bring us his fabulous fashions.

Respected Contributor

End of an era for sure. What's left? Lounge clothes and jeans I have enough of. As soon as this pandemic is over I'll give 3/4 of my lounge clothes aawy. I'm sick of them. There is absolutely no one on QVC who come close to the style and quality Linea offered us, and that's not to speak of the jewelry and Body line. What are they thinking? If it's good bye Linea, it's good bye QVC for me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I just did.  What a great letter!  He rightly refers to the "golden age" of QVC which is long past.  He was part of that age along with other bona fide designers that are no longer there.  QVC's loss and it's too bad there isn't room for talented, creative and ethical people as LDO obviously is.

So true...it's a different world, different demographics I assume, and all the PTB gauge things on is the bottom line. I've often thought if we were to get to be a "fly on the wall" of marketing/buyers/mgmt meetings at the Q...millenials sitting there, all appealing to a much different culture now. And sadly...and I don't know why or how, but "cheaper made" "novelty" "celebrity brands" seems to be the order of the day vs. real designers, such as Louis and George Simonton. I get that things move on, GS might be retired. Older Q audience sadly is either dying, or buying less (still, I realize there are still many of us here that want better clothing...I guess there are other markets we need to seek now), but I'd guess they need to appeal to younger demos to move fwd and stay alive. I just don't get how we got so "cheaped out" as a culture is all...other than $$$...too much to mfr. here, too much to make/charge...so it gave out to all cheap, cheap, crappy, cookie cutter, made in China "trashiion" with dopey "talking head personalities" all pretending to be "designers" of their respective lines. Not that there isn't a place in my closet for some of that...but I'm wishing there was more quality, and true fashion out there for the average customer. Probably out there...you just have to search around I guess...and pay top dollar.

Another aspect...maybe just more profitable for Q to promote their in-house brands, especially now during harder times.

I for one miss the days of listening to Louis, George S, Bob Mackie, talk about their designs, fabrications, cuts of clothes, why it worked on a woman's body.. all of it. I wasn't always "their customer" (Louis's sizing didn't fit me well, Bob M., I appreciate, it's just not my style.  But my mom bought Louis' and GS's clothing and always looked great in both...big difference from her D&Co. clothing on her...so much more of a precise fit, and more flattering.)

Honored Contributor

I notice 718 pages of sharing designs and suggestions on his blog.  What other designer can come close to matching that?  I would have thought QVC would have kept Louis just for the prestige of having him.  Not much prestige in Muk Luks and Cuddl Duds, lines that are found in mass merchants, including home improvement stores.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear this. I’ve purchased several items of his over the years. I currently own a couple of things from his line. Everything’s been really nice. He’s very talented as evidenced by his long career in fashion before and during his QVC years. He seems like a genuinely nice person. Wishing him the best. 

Esteemed Contributor

Where is the letter? I did not see it.