Respected Contributor

I have full appreciation of Louis' talent and his presentations as well as his designs.  He is the only designer that, personally, stands behind his products.  If there is a problem with ANY of his jewelry, he will direct you where to send it to have it repaired at no cost except for return postage.  Some ladies did not receive belts to his fall coats, he made sure that the belts were sent direct from the manufacturer.  He stands behind everything he designs.  I love his presentations, it is a runway show!  All his models are beautifully dressed and presented.  A total finished look.  It affords you the option to see how the whole look, doesn't mean you have to wear it that way.  It is visually pleasing in a way that is very different than others presentation.  I find his designs have a certain ease to them.  You can dress it up or dress it down.  The choice is yours.  I appreciate that his colors from year to year can be used with older items.  He takes the time to listen to his following in regard to their likes and wishes.  I appreciate his attention to detail as well.  I find I do not see myself coming and going in his outfits.  Yes, he uses berets and gloves in his presentations and I love the total look that he presents but that doesn't mean I would wear a beret.

He was, always, known as a sportswear designer!  His blazers are wonderful as well as his pants.  Yes, his models are tall but there are very few petite models on QVC.  I love that he presents his models starting with size XXS going up to XL.It gives you the opportunity of seeing what your size will look like.

There are many vendors on QVC from which to chose your choice of outfits and what suits your taste.  Each and every brand has their own loyal following for different reasons and there is no reason to compare one against the other.  I chose to wear, only, Linea because it suits me and my lifestyle and my taste.

Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime Well said! and from those of us who truly enjoy Louis, his fashions and his presentations, thank you.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Have been a Linea fan for years. However, recently except for his pants I have not found much that appeals to me. The tops have been looking more matronly, as was discussed about the recent item of interest. The colors tend to remain basic in the winter line, I want more variety. I also would appreciate more leisure wear. 

The quality of his clothing remains high, but that is not enough anymore.

I do not receive QVC2, it seems like the secondary channel. If I want to watch, I have to watch on line. Interest is waning.

Honored Contributor

It's interesting to me to read threads like this especially when discussing what is considered "casual" clothing. I am a casual dresser as I am home the majority of time but my "uniform" is straight jeans, turtleneck (usually cashmere), silk scarf, hoops or diamond studs, driving loafers. Every day. Going out it's means heeled boots/booties, fitted jacked added to the turtleneck (or a blazer, depends on the cut), well cut coat. Is that considered dressy? Tunics, sweaters are considered dressy? Slacks are considered dressy?

What am I missing?

IMHO, the Linea line IS a casual line that you can easily DRESS up if you need to. Without having to purchase anything, I can add pumps, strand of pears and a jacket to either a skirt or trousers and have an outfit ready for court or a meeting. That same blouse can be worn with jeans, the jacket with jeans, the skirt with a sweater and flats for a casual look.  He sells classic, wardrobe foundation items that you add to and therefore, don't need a large number of them. Granted, I don't do prints so none of his items with lace, plaids, flowers, etc call my name. Bob Mackie is 100% out of my taste choice but for many women, those prints are considered casual as well.

Sportswear and separates; the basis of an enduring wardrobe that goes from casual to formal (except for formal wear). That's Linea to a T. I am SO grateful QVC offers such a fantastic line.

Frequent Contributor

I could not agree more!  His line should be in prime time -- with a TSV!

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

It's interesting to me to read threads like this especially when discussing what is considered "casual" clothing. I am a casual dresser as I am home the majority of time but my "uniform" is straight jeans, turtleneck (usually cashmere), silk scarf, hoops or diamond studs, driving loafers. Every day. Going out it's means heeled boots/booties, fitted jacked added to the turtleneck (or a blazer, depends on the cut), well cut coat. Is that considered dressy? Tunics, sweaters are considered dressy? Slacks are considered dressy?

What am I missing?

IMHO, the Linea line IS a casual line that you can easily DRESS up if you need to. Without having to purchase anything, I can add pumps, strand of pears and a jacket to either a skirt or trousers and have an outfit ready for court or a meeting. That same blouse can be worn with jeans, the jacket with jeans, the skirt with a sweater and flats for a casual look.  He sells classic, wardrobe foundation items that you add to and therefore, don't need a large number of them. Granted, I don't do prints so none of his items with lace, plaids, flowers, etc call my name. Bob Mackie is 100% out of my taste choice but for many women, those prints are considered casual as well.

Sportswear and separates; the basis of an enduring wardrobe that goes from casual to formal (except for formal wear). That's Linea to a T. I am SO grateful QVC offers such a fantastic line.

@SahmIam 

Couldn't agree more. 

I wear Linea every day, am over 70 now, and retired, and Linea and clothing like Linea for years has been the core of my wardrobe.  I do wear jeans at home rather than ponte pants, but love Louis's pants for casual out and about if jeans are too casual.  

I have worn Linea to Black Tie Optional events for years.  Always looks perfect and I always get compliments.   The sequin pants this past fall were exactly what I needed for several events, worn with a black blazer, a gorgeous blouse with bell sleeves, or the tuxedo jacket.  All Linea.  

I won't even go on and on about the jewelry, which is the icing definitely on the Linea cake.

Believe me if you are retired age and not a size XXS it is HARD to find appropriate clothing in the marketplace, and Linea is gorgeous, quality, fits me well, lasts and looks in style for years.  His pieces go together and you can still be creative with them to express your own style.  

Love Linea.