Trusted Contributor

Re: Linea heathered sweater heads up

Sheesh, I'm looking forward to your review. A girl can always change her mind!
Respected Contributor

I got my stone sweater today (waiting for the Persian Blue) and in my usual size of medium it's a great fit. Skims the body. Wish it were a tad longer, but oh well. I was surprised it was as dark as it is...reads more like a brown tone than a lighter, taupy stone color. But, it's a pretty neutral. I'll wear it with the maxi skirts and over jeans. Nice, casual sweater.

Respected Contributor

On 9/26/2014 buddylou said:

This was just my style except for the acrylic. Loving the style as I do I ordered one of each color. I am glad I did, I love them. I am keeping them all. I tried them on with my new Linea body leggings and they are perfect.

I am tall (5'7) slim build but large busted (38C) and I ordered the medium. The fit is perfect, I would not want it to be either larger or smaller. It fits thru the shoulders, the bust, and the sleeves. It is not fitted thru the body but hangs just the way I expected it to.

It is not something I will wear to a dressy affair but perfect for my life style, running around town, grocery shopping, bunko night with the girls and just chilling at home or at a friends.

I most certainly could have sized down but I think I would not have the drape and the look this sweater is surely meant to have. I will admit I am still not crazy about the acrylic (how it will hold up) but they are so cute on, I love the look!

Ah, geez, I think I ordered the wrong size. I originally ordered Medium, but got convinced I need a Small, so I changed my order. I have to chuckle at the "big busted at 38 C"---I think that is now average for the American woman! I'm bigger than that and I don't look or feel "big busted"---but I'd rather be 38C---like I used to be---as you get older you lose volume, but you gain "flesh" for lack of a better word (for sag)---due to that dreaded gravity! Fly me to the moon....

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Sheesh said:

Ah, geez, I think I ordered the wrong size. I originally ordered Medium, but got convinced I need a Small, so I changed my order. I have to chuckle at the "big busted at 38 C"---I think that is now average for the American woman! I'm bigger than that and I don't look or feel "big busted"---but I'd rather be 38C---like I used to be---as you get older you lose volume, but you gain "flesh" for lack of a better word (for sag)---due to that dreaded gravity! Fly me to the moon....

You may be right about 38C being average. Like you I was a 36B to 36C for years until age and flesh took over. I always wore a size 8 or small in tops. Now with all this flesh (or flab) as I refer to it, I have to have a medium and if it is fitted I've even had to order a large to get enough room in the bust. Then I always have to have it altered because it is always too large in the shoulders and the bottom (sweep).

I detest gravity! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

I can relate...gravity is not our friend!

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

I just got my blue one, HOME RUN Louis!

I am 36B, 6-8 in size and ordered small. Its not as heavy weight as I would like, but its soft and a perfect fit. Easy fit, just passes the tush and a body skimming fit. This is perfect for a weekend with jeans or leggings. I only regret I didnt order another one. I have to choose another color, but decide on the rest of my order first to save shipping.

Honored Contributor

This was just my style except for the acrylic. Loving the style as I do I ordered one of each color. I am glad I did, I love them. I am keeping them all. I tried them on with my new Linea body leggings and they are perfect.

I am tall (5'7) slim build but large busted (38C) and I ordered the medium. The fit is perfect, I would not want it to be either larger or smaller. It fits thru the shoulders, the bust, and the sleeves. It is not fitted thru the body but hangs just the way I expected it to.

It is not something I will wear to a dressy affair but perfect for my life style, running around town, grocery shopping, bunko night with the girls and just chilling at home or at a friends.

I most certainly could have sized down but I think I would not have the drape and the look this sweater is surely meant to have. I will admit I am still not crazy about the acrylic (how it will hold up) but they are so cute on, I love the look!

OK, I am starting to get talked into this. I HATE acrylic so I had just discounted this sweater figuring it would just pill but the more I hear talk about it and the fact I love button down shirts under sweaters like this.............

Respected Contributor

On 9/26/2014 DiAnne said:

OK, I am starting to get talked into this. I HATE acrylic so I had just discounted this sweater figuring it would just pill but the more I hear talk about it and the fact I love button down shirts under sweaters like this.............

Apparently, not all acrylics are the same, and this is a premium acrylic---LDO wouldn't bring us anything less! So, like you, I'm going for it and will wear with the White Wing Collar Shirt underneath---hope I ordered the correct size.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

I hate acrylic too but I love this sweater (I ordered 4 of them). I am wondering what they will look like after being laundered. I am keeping all 4 of them and putting my faith in Louis to give us a good acrylic, if there is a such thing as good acrylic!

Honored Contributor

I hate acrylic too but I love this sweater (I ordered 4 of them). I am wondering what they will look like after being laundered. I am keeping all 4 of them and putting my faith in Louis to give us a good acrylic, if there is a such thing as good acrylic!

Good point about the laundering. I think I will just order one for right now - I always launder before wearing so I will find out in time to return if there is a problem.