Valued Contributor

Re: Linea heathered sweater heads up

On 9/26/2014 DiAnne said:
On 9/26/2014 buddylou said:
On 9/26/2014 DiAnne said:
On 9/26/2014 buddylou said:

This was just my style except for the acrylic. Loving the style as I do I ordered one of each color. I am glad I did, I love them. I am keeping them all. I tried them on with my new Linea body leggings and they are perfect.

I am tall (5'7) slim build but large busted (38C) and I ordered the medium. The fit is perfect, I would not want it to be either larger or smaller. It fits thru the shoulders, the bust, and the sleeves. It is not fitted thru the body but hangs just the way I expected it to.

It is not something I will wear to a dressy affair but perfect for my life style, running around town, grocery shopping, bunko night with the girls and just chilling at home or at a friends.

I most certainly could have sized down but I think I would not have the drape and the look this sweater is surely meant to have. I will admit I am still not crazy about the acrylic (how it will hold up) but they are so cute on, I love the look!

OK, I am starting to get talked into this. I HATE acrylic so I had just discounted this sweater figuring it would just pill but the more I hear talk about it and the fact I love button down shirts under sweaters like this.............

I hate acrylic too but I love this sweater (I ordered 4 of them). I am wondering what they will look like after being laundered. I am keeping all 4 of them and putting my faith in Louis to give us a good acrylic, if there is a such thing as good acrylic!

Good point about the laundering. I think I will just order one for right now - I always launder before wearing so I will find out in time to return if there is a problem.

DiAnne, let us know how they come out. TIA

Respected Contributor

You guys are such a cool group, I love reading your threads. I learn so much about the clothes and giggle lots. I feel the urge to order the sweater, too. Love the Linea line.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

On 9/26/2014 jk9 said: You guys are such a cool group, I love reading your threads. I learn so much about the clothes and giggle lots. I feel the urge to order the sweater, too. Love the Linea line.

HI jk9...That's an easy name! Yes, we are a happy, kind group over here that love gorgeous, well made clothing selling for very reasonable prices. Linea was almost cancelled by QVC and there was a big campaign to keep this small line alive. As we know, we are all built differently but some how most fashions work for most of us. Some times there is an item that is not that well received because it does not work for the majority of us. If you like something, buy as soon as it comes up because there is never enough quantity in the very small and average sizes. Many items don't return unless it is so successful Louis will bring back in a different color.
I ordered this sweater in two colors and hope I like this new fabric. Louis is always on the hunt for high quality fabrics to replace the natural fibers that are getting out of QVC's budget guidelines. I think I saw you post before, anyway, welcome night owl....

Respected Contributor

I also wanted to add...the acrylic fabric is VERY soft, almost like a cashmere blend. I don't know how Louis finds these unique fabrics, but he does! The fit on this sweater doesn't add any bulk at all--just skims the body. Tried it on with the new leggings (ordered them just to see what everyone was raving about--and they are something special) and the outfit looks great. Will pop a white shirt underneath as it gets colder. Could be my new uniform! Now waiting for the Persian Blue...

Happy Lady, I have a question...do you think the Hunter Green can work for light summers? I'd really like to order the WK pants & v-neck, but not sure this color will be too deep for me.

Valued Contributor

On 9/27/2014 GraceCO said:

I also wanted to add...the acrylic fabric is VERY soft, almost like a cashmere blend. I don't know how Louis finds these unique fabrics, but he does! The fit on this sweater doesn't add any bulk at all--just skims the body. Tried it on with the new leggings (ordered them just to see what everyone was raving about--and they are something special) and the outfit looks great. Will pop a white shirt underneath as it gets colder. Could be my new uniform! Now waiting for the Persian Blue...

Happy Lady, I have a question...do you think the Hunter Green can work for light summers? I'd really like to order the WK pants & v-neck, but not sure this color will be too deep for me.

GraceCO..here's my thoughts on this. Years ago I went to those "Color Me Beautiful"
seminars that taught how to define what color tones are right for your skin tone and hair color. I often wondered why people asked me if I didn't feel well when I wore wine, burgundy etc. near my face. It's because I have yellow undertones in my skin and I look like I have jaundice. So how about Hunter Green. If I remember correctly the way they described "Summer" colors is take bright spring colors, lay them in the sun, on the beach and let the sun fade to a softer shade. I suppose a summer could treat hunter green like a dark for winter and add a soft pink or blue near your face if you have pink skin tones; if yellow skin tones go into the ivories, soft oranges, green blues etc. I also wear hunter green with navies, turquoise and plan to add the new brick red. If you have pink tones, the new pink spread collar blouse or the light blue, under the V Neck WK would look divine. I just bought Heidi Daus jewelry in green shades and pink shades and that combo is so pretty together. What do I know? Good Luck! P.S. The WK Hunter Green in all items is gorgeous; I think we all can wear just need to add the right colors for our skin tones.

Honored Contributor

GraceCo - Have you laundered the sweater yet? If so did it keep its body or become limp like many acrylics do? I always launder everything before I wear it because of sprays coming into this country.

Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 HAPPY LADY said:

GraceCO..here's my thoughts on this. Years ago I went to those "Color Me Beautiful"
seminars that taught how to define what color tones are right for your skin tone and hair color. I often wondered why people asked me if I didn't feel well when I wore wine, burgundy etc. near my face. It's because I have yellow undertones in my skin and I look like I have jaundice. So how about Hunter Green. If I remember correctly the way they described "Summer" colors is take bright spring colors, lay them in the sun, on the beach and let the sun fade to a softer shade. I suppose a summer could treat hunter green like a dark for winter and add a soft pink or blue near your face if you have pink skin tones; if yellow skin tones go into the ivories, soft oranges, green blues etc. I also wear hunter green with navies, turquoise and plan to add the new brick red. If you have pink tones, the new pink spread collar blouse or the light blue, under the V Neck WK would look divine. I just bought Heidi Daus jewelry in green shades and pink shades and that combo is so pretty together. What do I know? Good Luck! P.S. The WK Hunter Green in all items is gorgeous; I think we all can wear just need to add the right colors for our skin tones.

Thanks! I've never gotten my colors done, but based on what I've gleaned online, I'm a summer--so navy, pewter, soft pink, most blues, cocoa--all look good on me. The Linea cadet blue is maybe my perfect color in the palette. I'll think over the hunter green and pair it with the light blue or pink shirt--great solution.

DiAnne, I haven't laundered the sweater yet.