Respected Contributor

Re: Linea crushed velvet skirt...

@blackhole99 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I hate crushed velvet in clothing.  It reminds me of Scarlett and those drapes...LOL

Why rain on everyone's parade? 

If I liked the skirt and bought it, a posters opinion of the skirt would not deflate me or make me feel sorry I bought it. People take these opinions too personally. Like the old saying goes,"opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one". 

I agree everyone is entitled to an opinion, that is when one is requested.  This thread was not an opinion thread, rather one started by a poster who bought an item she (obviously) liked.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I hate crushed velvet in clothing.  It reminds me of Scarlett and those drapes...LOL

Why rain on everyone's parade? 

If I liked the skirt and bought it, a posters opinion of the skirt would not deflate me or make me feel sorry I bought it. People take these opinions too personally. Like the old saying goes,"opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one". 

@blackhole99  So, who feels deflated or feels sorry they bought the skirt? Am I missing something?

I can't wait to get the skirt and not a single negative comment will change my feeling on having ordered it.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise 

When I saw your post, the first thing I thought was that it's going to be set off beautifully in front of the seasonal decor that you do so well.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Susan Louise 

When I saw your post, the first thing I thought was that it's going to be set off beautifully in front of the seasonal decor that you do so well.

@GingerPeach  You just gave me a terrific idea! When DH and I go out for dinner and a show this holiday season, we'll have our pic taken next to our main Christmas tree!

I can't wait to wear the black skirt with IM's 'cream' chantilly lace top I bought when it was a Primetime Special sale price months ago (A343391) and black boots.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Susan Louise 

@GingerPeach  You just gave me a terrific idea! When DH and I go out for dinner and a show this holiday season, we'll have our pic taken next to our main Christmas tree!

I can't wait to wear the black skirt with a IM 'cream' chantilly lace top I bought at a Primetime Special months ago (A343391) and black boots.

Ooh, I love it, @Susan Louise 

Don't show your identities, of course, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see you in front of your tree.

And have a fabulous time when you go! Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just ordered the black on the Primetime Special deal of $28.34...GORGEOUS! The item # is A343559. I came close to getting the stunning green too, but was happy just getting the black. The reviews are very high too...4.8 overall.

Did anyone else order it?  Smiley Very Happy

Susan, I saw it last night and almost ordered it myself in the green.  I have a pretty tapestry jacket from Coldwater Creek in green  but was not sure it would blend in with it. 

It is nice and you will look lovely in the Isaac top with the skirt.  Would be lovely when you go out to dine and we two are dining out for Tureky day, no cooking yay!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just ordered the black on the Primetime Special deal of $28.34...GORGEOUS! The item # is A343559. I came close to getting the stunning green too, but was happy just getting the black. The reviews are very high too...4.8 overall.

Susan, I saw it last night and almost ordered it myself in the green.  I have a pretty tapestry jacket from Coldwater Creek in green  but was not sure it would blend in with it. 

It is nice and you will look lovely in the Isaac top with the skirt.  Would be lovely when you go out to dine and we two are dining out for Turkey day, no cooking yay!!!!!

@crawford5153  Thank you Smiley Happy

That tapestry jacket sounds like it would pair beautifully with the green skirt. Is it a jacket you have had awhile, or still available now at Coldwater Creek? I ask because I would love to see a pic of it!

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

It is nice and you will look lovely in the Isaac top with the skirt.  Would be lovely when you go out to dine and we two are dining out for Tureky day, no cooking yay!!!!!

@crawford5153  Thank you Smiley Happy

That tapestry jacket sounds like it would pair beautifully with the skirt. It it a jacket you have had awhile, or still available now at Coldwater Creek? I ask because I would love to see a pic of it Smiley Happy

Susan, hold just a minute; DH took the pics of he green one and I have one in navy and will send in a few minutes.  Green one has nver been worn at all.  I got them about 5 years ago.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise 

Here is the green one and it is trimmed in gold.  Also here is a pic of the navy one, wore 76765625_482388135706279_4218703812287791104_n.jpgthe navy but have never wore the green one yet.  The green one has bugle beads and beautiful embrodiery on it, I bought my late MIL the same green one as I have.

75439478_429732474401587_9163675096701730816_n.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise  My wardrobe is made up mainly of Coldwater Creek, Bob Mackie. Susan Graver and a few Joan Rivers pieces.  What about you?