Super Contributor

Re: Linea by Louis Dell'Olio

Dear Elated,

I totally agree with you. Louis makes the best quality clothes on QVC and they are offered at a price I can (usually) afford. I really appreciate being able to wear such beautiful clothes. It's also very nice that he answers questions on his blog.

Respected Contributor

I just discovered his Whisper Knit Swing turtleneck and crew sweater this past fall and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!  The cut is so flattering and the weight and quality is top notch!  I just wish more colors would pop back into stock, but I have a feeling I'll have to wait until Fall for them to return.  If he ever quits making them, I'm going to cry.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@elated I think Louis has some very nice pieces.  Do I like all of his pieces?  No.  However, I do like most -- they are classic.  He may not want more air time because I believe he has to pay for it.   I like  Issac too.  Not all of his pieces either.  I find that prices have gone way up which I don't care for since I pay for shipping.  Cat Very Happy

I'm curious, @Katcat1, why you think some vendors pay for their air time.  That possibility had never occurred to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy,   Just a guess.  There has to be some kind of arrangement between vendor & the Q.  I guess I noticed when Michael Dawkins was on and he usually had some off prime time hours 2 am or 3 am and maybe one show in prime time.   Do you know how it works?  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I have to agree. His clothes are so beautifully made also. But I do like Isaac also.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

Wonder how much it costs Q to order a TSV like the one today Halston Motorcycle Jacket A285191 that did not sell well - and every size and colour option (75 options in total) is still available.  

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy listening to Louis discuss his clothing line. There's none of the fakery that other vendors who are stylists only showcase when they discuss clothing. He's the real deal and he can discuss the technical aspects of clothing and fabric in a fun, clear, and concise manner without all the silly mannerisms that other vendors exhibit.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Louis is great too..........have a few of his items...but i was thinking because he has his own company and the clothing is such a good quality...he could prob not produce for QVC in mass volume without giving up the style and quality that he has represented for so  many years and i don't think he would be willing to sell less quality items to reap a larger profit.......he seems to dedicated to bringing the best products to the customers...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

I think Louis is great too..........have a few of his items...but i was thinking because he has his own company and the clothing is such a good quality...he could prob not produce for QVC in mass volume without giving up the style and quality that he has represented for so  many years and i don't think he would be willing to sell less quality items to reap a larger profit.......he seems to dedicated to bringing the best products to the customers...

UNfortunately that change has already happened.  THe Linea line of today is nothing like what it was a few years ago when he sold beautiful leather and suede jackets and silk blouses and wool pants and skirts.  NOw we get lots of  polyester and hoodies.  OBviously interest in the line has declined too.  In the past chats during a live show with dedicated customers would go on for pages and pages of posts.  CUstomers would stay up until midnight the day of a show to wait for new items to be loaded so they could get their orders in as things sold out immediately when shows began.  That doesn't occur any more either.  Louis has stated that he had to discontinue offering these expensive fabrics because he was unable to obtain the fabrics he wanted at the price point QVC demanded he sell items for.  So another designer who was forced to either reduce the quality of the fabric or stop designing for QVC.

Respected Contributor

I believe the information that Vendors pay for airtime is incorrect. They need to meet a certain criteria of sales. I think I read $6,000 a minute is what the goal is..now is that everything being order or only the vendor on. It didn't say. But Vendors need to have on hand a certain amout of stock to be able to meet specific air time needs.  Also the vendor is the one that takes the risk. If they have something that doesn't sell they are sitting on the inventory according to the article I just read.

The prime air times go to the vendors that make the most money and have the most product available without issue.

You do not get a Today's Special Value unless you have enough inventory to meet the criteria.

While I have read on here about how wonderful Linea is..it does have its faults which I think limit the on-air time and inventory. One being the inconsistent sizes issue.