Honored Contributor

His on air retirement is sad, I can imagine that it might be linked to the loss of his precius Jacque

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I like his designs, and I wore most of what I purchased from his line.  But, now I am adjusting to semi retirement and just don't need to buy many new clothes.  It is so hard to make that transition.  I still like to look put together, but mostly wear jeans when I am working from home, or doing farm chores.  I plan to put some Linea whisper knit on ebay since they were rarely worn (or not worn) and now are too big for me.  I enjoyed seeing Louis' presentations and agree that he is knowlegable and entertaining to watch.  Some other designers are just not what I like to watch. In fact, I rarely watch QVC any more.  I look on line.  Louis' cold shoulder flower print top is the only cold soulder top that I own.  I wore it last summer and this summer and bought the black version this year (not cold shoulder) since the print works so well with lots of pants. It sounds like he is making a transition of his own.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I wish Louis well.  I can imagine that it's been very difficult appearing without his dear wife.  They were so close and Jacque wore his designs so well.

Respected Contributor

Louis is a class act!  Always has been.  I will miss seeing and hearing him on QVC.

I wish him all of the best as he slows down his pace of life.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Appears  we will get to see him again the coming week as per facebook:

Oct15
Interested
Oct16
Interested
Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153 

We'll see his designs, not Louis himself.  Jennifer, his representative, will do the presentations.  The only "retiring" LDO is doing is that he will no longer make the trip to PA to do the on-air presentations.  He's made it clear that he will continue to design and produce his fashions.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@millieshops You are right, some of his items did not favor my body type.  However, I have more than a few of the whisper knit items, the linen straight skirts, one in a beautiful yellow color, leggings, sweaters, and pull on pants that appeal to me.  His items are well thought out and beautifully constructed.  He presents calmly without a loud voice or without asking the models to bounce around wriggling their dierere's.  Nor does he say "I love it" every time a fashion is shown,  A true gentleman. There should be more like him on QVC.  I am happy we can still hear from him remotely.  PS love the two scarfs I have as well.

Respected Contributor

Louis is my favorite designer on QVC.  I would be very upset if stopped designing totally, but I am okay with Jennifer presenting.  Obviously Louis is taking a page out of Judith Ripka's playbook.  Louis and Judith both just want to design - not have to sell their stuff on air.  Fine with me!  They both have good representatives.

Honored Contributor

@tobes I get the appeal, but I'm buying product, not the designer's personality.  When I buy clothes brick and mortar which is probably 98% of my wardrobe, I usually have no idea about the designer's personality.

Here at the Q, I just ignore the personality as much as possible and, of course, I can just use the website to get what I want if that personality seems hard to take!