Respected Contributor

Linea and Louis

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear that Louis will not be the on-air representative for his line and has announced his retirement.  I hope that he continues his designing for his line and may just appear in cameo's with live video from his home in Connectcut.  I always appreciated his method of explaining his designs in an artful, intelligent, nor overbearing way as some designers prefer. 

Honored Contributor

Louis' style is in both design and personality is different from other designers.  I did occasionally tune in to his shows, but nothing I saw and nothing he said convinced me to order from this line.   Some of that was/is based on the trimness of the majority of his work and some is based on my personal experiences from the years he was Anne Klein wherwe I rarely found a fit in style or color for my body.

There's no question in my mind that he's good or that some will miss him, but he's just not good for my body Not much else really counts.for me.

Honored Contributor

I have a few of his things and everything I have ,I like a lot. But to be honest ,most of the stuff he designed, was really not something I would wear

I think he designed for taller women and his petites were few and far between

I hope he has a wonderful retirement, and finds pleasure in his life, and happiness.

Esteemed Contributor

You are really missing out on this fabulous clothing line @millieshops.  It's a shame his fashions don't fit your body type.  Louis's pieces are so classic and elegant.  Actually, I find his pieces run true to size if not a bit on the larger end for me in xxs  and 2 petite, yet they also look lovely on the models of all sizes.  He will truly be missed by us fashionistas.

Honored Contributor

Louis is not "retiring".  He merely is no longer going to be presenting his line on the air.

Honored Contributor

Re: Linea and Louis

[ Edited ]

I am not surprised by this announcement but I am saddened.  He is my go-to and primary designer....especially for timeless, classic, quality clothing.  He is irreplaceable as he is intimate with the details of his clothing and cares about making and presenting quality fashionable clothing for his clients. His attention to detail when describing his clothes has been enlightening and informative.   He will be missed Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

You generally know when it's time for you to retire.

It took me to age 68 to retire. 

Louis is a bit younger than me ... he was born in 1948 ... makes him 71 this past July.

Super Contributor
His clothes are lovely....I’m really short so most didn’t work on me. I did order his boho skirt which was just too long, but it was beautiful. If I were working, his items would have been great.
Honored Contributor

He isn't retiring, he just isn't going to present on air anymore. He will still do the designing from his home office...Jennifer will be presenting on air(I believe that is her name)..

Honored Contributor

He isn't retiring and he isn't slowing down.  He's made it abundantly clear that he will still be designing and blogging.  He's just stepping away from the on air presentations which are long commute for him, exhausting and just not fun.