Respected Contributor

I am considering buying a couple of the Linea Wing Collar Shirts A259103. Do they run small or large or are they like the sweaters. I always size down in the sweaters. You Linea ladies who have purchased his fitted blouses in past, should I size down.

Respected Contributor

Re: Linea Wing Collar Shirt Fit

I'm not sure anyone has received their Wing Collar shirts yet. Personally, I would not rely on how other shirts have fitted as this is a different design. Did you check the Click Here measurements? I'd start there and then wait for the comments to come in in a few days.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Contributor

Hi

Please remember that these shirts do not have stretch like sweaters do. I would really go by the click here measurements. The ones I would check are the X-back, Chest, and sweep. The X-back is looking at the breadth of your shoulders.

For me personally, I wear a medium in woven shirts and a small in Whisper knit sweaters. I have really broad shoulders and wear a 34C for reference.

Hope this helps.

Laura

Respected Contributor

I own both of the fitted Linea shirts and went with my regular size. As Laura said, these are woven cottons not knits, and they are not nearly as stretchy. Unless you are very large in the chest area You should stay with your normal size. If you have any doubts definitely check the measurements. Mine are in process, but I haven't received them yet.

Trusted Contributor

I have the Robyn, Kate and zip front blouses in small. The Robyn in M, as well for a less fitted look and to layer. I have the poet blouse in XS. All of these are made of the same woven fabric. I wear smalls almost across the board in Linea, and an 8 in his fitted jackets. I have a 34D bust.

I ordered a M in this blouse, although I may go back for smalls later. I know the M will fit, but the small could be tighter in the bust than I like for this style. There's not much difference in the fit between the small and the medium, and there is shrinkage, although not very much.

Valued Contributor

Mine are shipped but as soon as I get them I will report back. Wear smalls on Linea knits and LOGO but ovens a medium. I love this shirt but if it is a tight fit I will. O go up to large. Did that with the Kate and I was swimming in it. I may just have to live with all knits for life!
Respected Contributor

Thanks ladies. I knew I had to order this blouse's today. I ordered my normal Linea size based on the measurements especially around the bust. Your comments were so helpful.

Respected Contributor

I have the Robyn and Kate shirts in medium. Based on the chest measurement on the wing collar shirt, I ordered up one size to large. This one seemed to measure smaller than the others. Can't stand gapping buttons. Hope I made the right choice as I'm sure they will be flying out the door.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Valued Contributor

I received my white and pink in medium today. I wear smalls in WK and LOGO and other tops but woven so go with a medium. So glad I did. I tried them on with WK tank and buttoned one button, popped the color and I am so pleased. What a great look. Gives you a nice shape, I put the cuffs up and I just love it. I don't like ironing at all but I am willing to do it for these shirts. I may go on WL for the blue. I think it is outstanding.
Trusted Contributor

Received all three of mine today and the fit is spot on. I wear a large in most all Linea tops. Bust is 38DD and there is no gaping at all which can be a problem for me. I always size down to a medium in the WK sweaters however. These are just perfect!