Valued Contributor

Linea Byzantine Mosaic Print Top - SNEAK PEEK

OMG... I'm a gonner... This top is gorgeous. Honestly, why has Q set up a Linea Auto Delivery program? Might as well...

byzantine8

With each group of clothing I like to offer at least one “STATEMENT PRINT”…..For the month of October I am presenting to you the…BYZANTINE MOSAIC PRINT, A259615. I am always inspired by antiquity and the wonders and richness of the objects, architecture, art and artists that came before us…..What they achieved, with what today would be considered primitive means, is a marvel. For you Art History buffs, you may recall the splendid Byzantine mosaic of the Queen wearing her crown, and her garments encrusted with gems. That was the inspiration for this……..ENGINEERED PLACEMENT PRINT…………The intricacy of this print and the amount of screens used required the best printers at my disposal. This is not a print anyone could do…..it takes artisans to know how to layer the colors with each individual screen to achieve the desired result. I can tell you if this top were hanging….as is…..in any designer store such as a Dolce and Gabbana ,who are know for their archival inspired prints, this top would be $400 to $500 minimum……and probably more…. This print actually looks like a mosaic with jewels encrusted on the garment……I can’t stop looking at it!…….I have done many prints in my life and I think this is definitely one of if not the best. I truly loved, as you know, the tile print from this past summer, and if you loved that…..you will love this even more. The mosaic on the body of the top was designed to flatter and cause an optical illusion drawing the eye in. The sides of the print are SHADED to give more of an illusion of sculpting the body IN…..every little bit helps…LOL…..The giant jewels were also placed to flatter the shape of the body. The top has intricate borders of rows of mosaic tiles and gems. The sleeve repeats the border at the hem……The back of the top is exactly like the front………The color of the top in the photos above is called…………….CLAY……………It is the closest coloration to what an actual Byzantine mosaic might look like. The colors, and there are many, are very EARTHY……………..Ochre, sienna, brown, russet, khaki, yellow, white, citrine and black are just a few of the colors used to bring this print to life.

ALSO WILL COME IN SEA GREEN AND MULBERRY. CLICK HERE TO VIEW

Respected Contributor

Re: Linea Byzantine Mosaic Print Top - SNEAK PEEK

Wow. I'm not into prints at all, but this is a truly gorgeous mosaic. Would look amazing over the brown ponte maxi skirt. Love the Clay and Mulberry!!

And, I agree with your comment--might as well put Linea on auto-delivery!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow. All the colors are spectacular. Love the green. Must have. And love the Long Sleeves!!!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

The sea green and the mulberry for me!!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Man oh man, the Mulberry for me to wear with the Mulberry T-neck Poncho and Super Ponte Leggings! Love that is is so figure flattering/enhancing!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

On 10/8/2014 gardensla said:

Wow. All the colors are spectacular. Love the green. Must have. And love the Long Sleeves!!!

Green for me, too. Maybe clay for under the Shetland BF Cardigan? There is always something captivating coming from Louis.

Respected Contributor

On 10/8/2014 GraceCO said:

Yeah, and an automatic deduction right from our paychecks, too! Let's see 401K, health insurance premiums, charitable contributions, Linea by Louis Dell'Olio...works for me!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Regular Contributor

On 10/8/2014 Sheesh said:

Yeah, and an automatic deduction right from our paychecks, too! Let's see 401K, health insurance premiums, charitable contributions, Linea by Louis Dell'Olio...works for me!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

On 10/8/2014 Sheesh said:

LM bum off!
Esteemed Contributor

Diamondscribe, you took the words right out of my mouth. I was definitely a goner when I saw these prints. Beautiful! And a perfect winter weight for those of us in warmer areas.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett