Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner Was it Coldwater Creek??

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal : No CWC is a completely different company but Chicos and White House Black Market are aligned under same ownership.

Honored Contributor

I like the Chico's I have -  just returned from running errands wearing a short-sleeve cotton v-neck top and boyfriend capris --  both at least 6+ years old.  The jeans are faded, the red top isn't.

this year so far, I didn't even spend my birthday money and last year, I bought 2 tanks on sale before the pandemic hit.

Lots of stores in the enclosed mall near me have closed, but not Chico's- nor any of the other shops in which I have actually spent some dollars in recent years.  No reason to go now-  our afternoon temperatures are still in the 80s andI have more sweaters and heavier long pants than I need.  No shopping for me until something new shows up once the fall/winter clearance ends.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Sooner Was it Coldwater Creek??

@LindaSal No, it was a woman's name as I remember . Not that I remember. . . LOL!!!  But I think that is right!  

Honored Contributor

I generally like Chico's but haven't seen anything appealing there this season.  I usually do better there in the spring and summer months.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Like Chicos?

[ Edited ]

The few items of clothes I bought from Chico's fell apart in one or two washes. Maybe the seams weren't sewn well. Maybe the quality of their items is now better, but I think for me, Chico's isn't in my future.

If the Chico items you've been buying do well for you, then I hope you enjoy the sale!

-Solar Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I believe it was White House Black market.  They have introduced more color into their black and white palette years ago.

The Chicos "umbrella" owns WHBM now.  You have to watch the sizing because they are a very slim cut.  I definately go up if I am looking at a princess seam.

I worked for Chicos once, and couldn't get any hours over the winter except 11 hours over THREE months!  I like to keep busy and thrive on creating with color.  

A VERY precious poster kept me sane that winter as many of you did, but she is such an angel!  

Annabellethecat!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner 

I believe it was White House Black market.  They have introduced more color into their black and white palette years ago.

The Chicos "umbrella" owns WHBM now.  You have to watch the sizing because they are a very slim cut.  I definately go up if I am looking at a princess seam.

I worked for Chicos once, and couldn't get any hours over the winter except 11 hours over THREE months!  I like to keep busy and thrive on creating with color.  

A VERY precious poster kept me sane that winter as many of you did, but she is such an angel!  

Annabellethecat!

@ECBG Nope!  I finally remembered the namd--Misook!  It was very wearable and was fabulous for business travel, but was a little too big and too much material in a lot of things for me to be comfortable in, so it was mostly suits for me.

But I finally remembered!!!!!!!  I also discovered it is still around too.  I did like some of the jackets and watched for them to go on sale.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I've seen that name only recently and loved what I saw!

Although, we were the largest city around for miles and the only mall (1972) with the next one in the middle of the state we never had that store.

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

have never purchased Chico's fashions. too matchy matchy and the mirrors are outside the fitting cubical and theres always a SA ready to pounce and pester you with more outfits. and the sizing is weird.

maybe they changed the mirror placement and SA practice. haven't browsed the store in years.

@CatsyCline 

Your problem with sales ladies pestering you was fueled by how they are told to sell.  That's why their name is under yours on your door.