Honored Contributor

Re: Lets stop fashionizing the pandemic

@stevieb. Yes I had read what you said. I still posted.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lets stop fashionizing the pandemicm a

I'm currently wearing the masks that resemble the ones worn by medical staff.  I can't help but notice all the different styles/colors when I have to get out and about.   I'm all for wearing something with color/bling and currently searching the internet for some. 

For all the posters  making/wearing  "fashionable" masks, you've got my vote.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

Crochet masks and other fabrics aren't medical grade. This is foolish.  

@Foxxee  Medical grade masks are for essential employees only; using other fabrics is to protect others from you, wthether you're at a minimum of 6 ft apart or not.

It's about respect for others- although I disagree with crocheted masks. Too many droplets can be transmitted with the space between the yarn. I use surgical masks, or 100% cotton -  each with multiple layers.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped by the Doctor's office last week.  I saw 2 nurses and they had on multi-print masks to match their scrubs.  It made me smile.  I asked where they got them and they said their friends are sewing them.

I say why not?  This will be the new norm for quite some time.  

Esteemed Contributor

It is a self calming activity.  Perhaps like baking more?  Since none of these masks are remarkably effective, just move out of their way or stay home.

Respected Contributor

If I have to wear a mask, I can have one that matches my outfit.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pink123 wrote:

I stopped by the Doctor's office last week.  I saw 2 nurses and they had on multi-print masks to match their scrubs.  It made me smile.  I asked where they got them and they said their friends are sewing them.

I say why not?  This will be the new norm for quite some time.  

@Pink123   Very few people here (Florida Land of fools) wear masks so it is always a shock to my system when I see one. It causes a wave of panic and alarm to go through me. The more noticeable a mask is, the worse. I have ordered two masks, both pale in color and meant to blend in rather than stand out. Maybe if more people here actually respected others enough to wear a mask, they would not alarm me so much. Then again, that might not make a difference. 

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps it depends on each of our situations, but I have to wear masks constantly.  I live in a retirement community and I can’t answer the door without a mask.  I can’t leave the apartment without a mask.  I can’t do laundry, dump trash or get mail without a mask.  I’m finding that I need masks like I need socks.  I keep adding to the supply.  I look for ones that are functional first, of course, but it doesn’t hurt to find attractive ones too.  I feel like I live in these things so they’ve become a part of my identity, like my glasses.  We only moved here recently, and no one has seen me without a mask!

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me 

Exactly!  Similar situation.  NYC high-rise building - masks required when leaving apartment.  

NYC - Masks required on the street.

Stores - most require masks.

I'm making them in all colors!

------------------------------

@cotton4me wrote:

Perhaps it depends on each of our situations, but I have to wear masks constantly.  I live in a retirement community and I can’t answer the door without a mask.  I can’t leave the apartment without a mask.  I can’t do laundry, dump trash or get mail without a mask.  I’m finding that I need masks like I need socks.  I keep adding to the supply.  I look for ones that are functional first, of course, but it doesn’t hurt to find attractive ones too.  I feel like I live in these things so they’ve become a part of my identity, like my glasses.  We only moved here recently, and no one has seen me without a mask!

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

mspat has found a negative font, meaning below zero.

Sorry @depglass I don't understand what you mean.  Please explain if I made a mistake with a font so I can correct it.  Thanks