Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon just in general?  You must have a hard time being around the flag and all.

Trusted Contributor

I am attracted to stripes, but they don't do me any favors-Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't like stripes either.

Esteemed Contributor

I like stripes much better than big florals (are you listening, Isaac?) - which is obvious from all the stripes in my summer wardrobe.  Plain colors are OK in winter, but must have stripes in summer.  Small stripes are better, and as someone else mentioned, they absolutely have to match up at the seams! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Stripes are better off in toothpaste and bedsheets. :-\

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  Not sure I've seen vertical stripes. Are the black and white shirts on basketball refs vertical stripes? Seersucker is usually vertical stripes.

I wear very narrow stripes that have not too much contrast between the 2 colors like black stripes on dark grey or the reverse. To get a longer look, I add a long narrow necklace like a lariat. Then the eye looks vertically. That's IF you want to "unhate" stripes.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  My dislike of stripes has nothing to do with the direction in which they run.  Not really worried about them making me look heavy.  I just dont care for them, but I will say I dislike stripes of a similar color density less than severly contrasting colored stripes.  You're spot on about that.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I love stripes! But definitely not all stripes. It needs to be done right. A good stripe will look like it just happened but there is a lot of planning/designing involved.