Valued Contributor

Re: Leopard+Buffalo Check+Herringbone

I love that Coco quote (along with many others), @Andreatoo ! There are many times I think of that quote and indeed, end up taking 1 thing off!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought that Coco Chanel quote referred only to jewelry and accessories, not clothing...?

I'm not a fan of buffalo check, especially black and red together.  But the herringbone skirt and leopard hat would work well with a solid color blouse.  I have a black herringbone pencil skirt and it's very versatile.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I like all three pieces but really love the skirt and the shirt.  I wouldn't wear any combination of these  three things together though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Seems like leopard print and buffalo check patterns are really popular this year.  IMO,

they should not be worn together.  I am from the "not mixing patterns" group but I like the pieces worn seperately.

Honored Contributor

The pieces are fine on their own, but I don’t really love any of them. I like some plaids, but Buffalo plaid is not my thing. The leopard hat would be cute with something else, but I rarely wear hats. Not really interested in the skirt either.