Super Contributor

Leggings have been here before, several times.  As before so many women who absolutely can not afford to wear them are out there.  Ladies, in order to wear leggings you have to have absolutely perfect legs and a slim body.  Very few people are that perfect.  Just because they are in fashion doesn't mean everybody should wear them.  Actually very few people can afford to wear these without looking totally ridiculous.

Contributor

Then I'll just have to look ridiculous. I refuse to let someone else's opinion dictate how I dress. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TW I respectfully disagree with you. You don't have to be perfectly thin and tall to look good in leggings. Leggings are here to stay; I think the majority of people wearing them look good in them. Besides, they're comfortable. 

Honored Contributor

My late mother was the only person who ever told me how "awful" I dressed.   Of course, she was a great fan of Queen Elizabeth.

No one else has ever said a word.......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@TW wrote:

Leggings have been here before, several times.  As before so many women who absolutely can not afford to wear them are out there.  Ladies, in order to wear leggings you have to have absolutely perfect legs and a slim body.  Very few people are that perfect.  Just because they are in fashion doesn't mean everybody should wear them.  Actually very few people can afford to wear these without looking totally ridiculous.

@TW, I see nothing wrong with women wearing leggings.  If they don't suit YOU just don't buy/wear them.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@TW I bet you don't think we ought to wear skinny jeans either?

Not really sure what you are trying to say?

We are Women, hear us RoarWoman Very Happy

Leggings for everyoneHeart

Honored Contributor

I love my leggings, jeggings and skinny jeans, nice of you to let me know that means I have a PERFECT body!

YAY! I knew it!

Smiley love 172.GIF
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I don't care what others wear, but I sigh when hosts and other fashion experts say things like "Everyone wears and needs leggings". No, we don't. I personally do not own and don't wear leggings. I would not feel comfortable wearing pants that tight on my legs even with a tunic top. Other women can wear them; I will pass. 

Honored Contributor

All I have to say is we all see something different when we look in the mirror at ourselves than when others do when seeing us and with so many differing tastes there is not one of us who wouldn't be criticized for what we wear so it's just better to skip the judging of what others like and wear!!!!

Respected Contributor

Two thoughts about leggings:

1.  You don't have to have a perfect body to wear them, but you must wear something over them that covers up the parts that most of us don't care to

see. Especially if they're thin!!!!

2.  You should have someone close tell you how they look from the back when you lean over.  The sights at the grocery when someone needs to get

to the bottom shelf are awe inspiring. And not in a good way.