Honored Contributor

Leggings...what is the perfect fabrication?

My favorite brand of leggings is Lysse'; 86% cotton, 14% spandex, made in USA. A perfect fabrication for leggings. The extra wide band is the best feature. Holds you in without discomfort and doesn't roll. But unless you can find them on sale, like the Nordy half yearly sale, they are over 50 dollars. The Linea leggings are very nice. 92 cotton/8 spandex, and pricing is 36. What caught my eye today is WWC leggings...86/14 fabrication-same as Lysse. Priced at 23 with buy more at 18. Bought 3 in that gorgeous deep purple color, gray and navy. I think these will be nice. Who has the WWC leggings-comments? Any other recommended brands?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Leggings...what is the perfect fabrication?

my favorite leggings are the wwc.....86 cotton/14 spandex. i cannot even tell you how many i have of these.....in different lengths. capri/cropped/pedal pushers.

my second favorites are the yummie tummie on hsn.....84 cotton/16 elastane. i bought some of these when they were a TS. they are more expensive now, but when they get marked down again OR when i have a coupon i will get a couple of 2 packs. 180803.

both of these brands fit well, wash well, hold colors well, and have a nice fitted look which is perfect for tunics, long tanks, and oversized sweaters.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 sunshine45 said:

my favorite leggings are the wwc.....86 cotton/14 spandex. i cannot even tell you how many i have of these.....in different lengths. capri/cropped/pedal pushers.

my second favorites are the yummie tummie on hsn.....84 cotton/16 elastane. i bought some of these when they were a TS. they are more expensive now, but when they get marked down again OR when i have a coupon i will get a couple of 2 packs. 180803.

both of these brands fit well, wash well, hold colors well, and have a nice fitted look which is perfect for tunics, long tanks, and oversized sweaters.

Good to hear about your WWC experience, and I will look at the yummie line. Let me know when you see special pricing. I've learned that you must look at the fabrication for leggings for best fit, and for long wearability. Not enough spandex=bagging and stretching out. Good buy today for WWC, even with shipping, the 2nd pair was 20 dollars-fantastic!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Land's End Starfish-

89% cotton

11% Spandex

Honored Contributor

hope you love them chi-town girl! my absolute favorites in the wwc are the hollywood waist but i buy them all.

i will have to check out the lysse line.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

The definition of fabrication is the process of fabricating or manufacturing. I think you are referring to the fabric you like not the manufacturing process.
Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 chessylady said: The definition of fabrication is the process of fabricating or manufacturing. I think you are referring to the fabric you like not the manufacturing process.
Yes, that is what I meant, the fabric, not process.

Super Contributor

I really like the WWC leggings. They are comfortable, have enough weight to look nice and wear like iron. I have 3-4 pairs of straight leg pants from her line that I've had for 3-4 years and they still look good.

Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 okiebug said:

I really like the WWC leggings. They are comfortable, have enough weight to look nice and wear like iron. I have 3-4 pairs of straight leg pants from her line that I've had for 3-4 years and they still look good.

Can't beat that price point for that fabric. So glad I caught the WWC segment today.

Super Contributor

i like wwc leggings as well. they are comfortable..