Occasional Contributor
I'm 5ft 1 inch....and entering the change of life, so I get hot a lot. The current leggings I have keep my body heat in, so I'm not comfortable.
I really would appreciate input on your experiences with brands and styles of leggings for a tired, hot, short momma.
Honored Contributor

@ARKANSASmom 

I think the nature of leggings (close fitting, high spandex content) means that they are going to be warm.

What about Women With Control Wicked  .... Renee says they are comfortable in hot weather.

A294053

Honored Contributor

Ross      Junior Dept     One Size Fits All     $5.99

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I feel your pain @ARKANSASmom . It’s very uncomfortable and I can’t wait for colder weather. Last Christmas my granddaughter gave me several pairs of leggings that are micro fiber from bamboo (she wants me to go to yoga - ha) and they have become favs. The fabric wicks away the moisture from perspiration and has a cooling effect. Originally fabricated for athletic wear. Sure wish I could give you a brand or more info but she bought them on internet. There was info pinned with label but that’s long gone. 

Lots of luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@ARKANSASmom , any good brand athletic wear will wick away sweat.  You might pay a little more than leggings but that is because they are made for that purpose.  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Leggings question

[ Edited ]

You can check out WWC's Wicking line but that might not help your situation very much.  Sometimes we just cannot wear everything we would like to wear.

Respected Contributor

I wear leggings all the time, but not in hot weather which it seldom is in my part of the country. Spanx, Nike, Athleta have great leggings.

Occasional Contributor
Thank you everyone. I am hoping to find some to wear in winter that will fit my short frame. Even in 20 degrees I've been sweating in the leggings I have. I'm going to remain hopeful and try on a few athletic ones.
Honored Contributor

you may want to check out the brand lularoe.

they have consultants that sell via facebook or on their own websites.

there are patterns and solids and are not heavy at all.

you may be able to find a pair on ebay to try out. the leggings run $25.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Leggings question

[ Edited ]

If your leggings aren't cotton, you can get them from HUE dot com.

Otherwise, I'd suggest cotton slacks which would be cooler because there is air between them and your skin.