Valued Contributor

Ladies, Please help me and tell me what is the difference in Leggings and Jeggings. I know these have been around for a long time but somehow I have never heard the difference in the two. Also, please tell me what your favorite leggings are ( brand ). I would like the pants to come all the way to the ankle and not 6 or 7 inches above the ankle so I may put them in my boots. Thank you for your time and answer, so much appreciated. BTW, many times I see pants I like but the brand is called "slim pants". Thank you once again.

bamasec

Honored Contributor

Re: Leggings or Jeggings?

[ Edited ]

I googled it for you since they're more concise.

Image result for what is a jegging
Jeggings that are legging material made to look like denim with fake pockets and belt loops. Jeggings that are a true cross between denim and legging material. "Denimjeggings" are essentially a denim fabric with the elasticity of a legging..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  Leggings

A woman wearing black leggings.

Leggings are a type of skin-tight garment that covers the legs and may be worn by both men and women. Formerly, leggings were two separate garments, one for each leg.

Modern leggings are typically made from a blend of lycra (aka spandex), nylon, cotton, or polyester blend, but they can also be made from wool, silk and other materials. Leggings are available in a multitude of colors and decorative designs. Leggings are sometimes worn fully exposed, but are more traditionally worn partially covered by a garment such as a skirt, a large t-shirt, shorts, or fully covered by an outer garment, such as a full length skirt.

Leggings are typically ankle-length, and some are stirrupped or encase the feet. Some are shorter. Leggings are worn to keep a person's legs warm, as protection from chafing during an activity such as exercise, or as a decorative or fashion garment. Leggings are worn by both men and women during exercise but usually only by women at other times. In contemporary usage, leggings refers to tight, form-fitting trousers that extend from the waist to the ankles. In the United States, they are sometimes referred to as tights. However, the two words are not synonymous as the word tights refers to opaque pantyhose.

QVC Customer Care

@bamasec

My understanding is leggings are normally a cotton stretches material and jeggings are a mixture jean and cotton stretches blend that feels like leggings but look like jeans. I have provided a link to a QVC pair that I like to give an idea of my description.

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-&-Co.-How-Timeless-Regular-4-Pocket-Denim-Jeggings.product.A269679.html?sc=...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

@bamasec

My understanding is leggings are normally a cotton stretches material and jeggings are a mixture jean and cotton stretches blend that feels like leggings but look like jeans. I have provided a link to a QVC pair that I like to give an idea of my description.

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-&-Co.-How-Timeless-Regular-4-Pocket-Denim-Jeggings.product.A269679.html?sc=...

I guess you're better than Wickepedia or the dictonary!

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

@bamasec

I guess you're better than the dictonary!

ECBG, Thank you so very much for your answer! It was very helpful and now I know what direction to go. Many times I don't,LOL!  Thank you also Paulette!

bamasec

Esteemed Contributor

I always think that the difference in a black legging and a denim jegging is the weight and opacity of the material. I always expect a jegging to never, ever be see through.

A black pair of leggings may or may not show through when the material is stretched which is why they must be tried on. Leggings always are paired with a tunic top because nobody wants to see anyone's underwear showing through a pair of leggings nor do they want to see every lump and bump on the hips and thighs either.

A jegging is also paired with a longer top, preferably tunic length.

Honored Contributor

@bamasec

I like these Starfish leggings from Land's End. Item #409530A82

They come in regular, petite, tall and plus.

Valued Contributor

@bamasec wrote:

Ladies, Please help me and tell me what is the difference in Leggings and Jeggings. I know these have been around for a long time but somehow I have never heard the difference in the two. Also, please tell me what your favorite leggings are ( brand ). I would like the pants to come all the way to the ankle and not 6 or 7 inches above the ankle so I may put them in my boots. Thank you for your time and answer, so much appreciated. BTW, many times I see pants I like but the brand is called "slim pants". Thank you once again.

bamasec

@bamasec wrote:

bamasec

Thank you so much for the time and effort that was put into helping me with my question. I so much appreciate it.

bamasec

Honored Contributor

Much prefer the jegging to the legging.  I like AG colleciton.  I have one their so called 360 Contour

Also had ballet dancers wearing them.

Image result for ballet dancer wearing 360 contour

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want a jean look, then the jegging would be best.  If you want a pant style look, then leggings would be the best.

I got these at Ann Taylor.  Very nice material, medium weight, not thin, and they are on sale now for $30.  I wear a 4-6 at AT, bought the 6 and they fit and look great.  I wanted a more pant type look, nothing tight.  Extremely comfortable.

http://www.anntaylor.com/tailored-ponte-leggings/379119?skuId=19344928&defaultColor=1878&colorExplod...