Trusted Contributor

leggings seems to be the uniform where i live, regardless of the weather. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I wear capri length (in lighter colors usually) but sometimes in wild prints that I am finding now! tropical things!
As far ashow the crothch fit on those, IIMHO one should not be showing  (much if any) crotch when wearing leggings, longer tops are in orderyyt

It does get very hot here in So Cal, so I wear a lot of dresses too, especially to work, and rarely wear leggings to work..

Respected Contributor

I've been known to wear them year round. Sometimes even my leather ones. Summer can find me indoors most of the time and sometimes with quite cool AC working. 

Esteemed Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

leggings seems to be the uniform where i live, regardless of the weather. 

@freakygirl 

Same here. Not only regardless of the weather but regardless of size, shape, or age. It must be so liberating not to give a hoot.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leggings in Summer?

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I am wearing capri leggings right now and I live in the Arizona desert.  They are a lighter weight than my winter ones and I am very comfortable.

People wear pants of all lengths in the summer.  I don't get the question.

I wear Marla Wynne's essential leggings year round...they're a lightweight poly/span and I love them! I have some crop leggings as well..!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl so sooo true!

Esteemed Contributor

I wear pants all seasons but LEGGINGS seem a bit hot for summer because of how they seem to cling.  I like a bit of air flowing through. LOL

Honored Contributor

They are like a uniform around where I live. Even white leggings on all shapes and sizes ... Oh to be that evolved not to care what anyone thinks. Somehow, I doubt that will ever happen to me..

Honored Contributor

It depends on the leggings, all leggings aren't the same.  There summer weight leggings.  There are capris length leggings and ankle leggings.  There are leggings with mesh inserts and cutouts.  Leggings come in all colors too.  Also, it depends where you live and what your actitivies are that day.  It's not like every single summer day is a humid 90 degree day.  Many of us have plenty of summer days when the temperature never gets out of the 70's.  

Honored Contributor

If you saw me in leggins you'd pay me to not wear them....Yes, that bad.

But I do wear long pants most of the year.  My legs get cold in air conditioning.

I don't have a thyroid (removed) so my body temp is constantly changing.

If I were to go to the beach, I'd wear longer shorts...but I don't go out in the sun just for the sake of it, so I probably wouldn't be out on the beach.